Looking for the skunk.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunrunner

Reaction score
I am planning a lager and I wanted it to be somewhat like a Stella or Heini. I am looking for the type of hops and typical amounts and schedual for said hops or other ingredient used to get the skunk in my beer. I know some do not like the style and say the hard part is catching the skunk. :D

I would expect this to be done wither by photo-mechanical methods or by blending to appropriate proportions of skunked:not skunked products.

Leave your carboy in direct sunlight for a half hour or so then bottle. Or bottle in green or clear glassed bottles and set those in the sun for 10 minutes. They will be plenty skunky after that.

I am planning a lager and I wanted it to be somewhat like a Stella or Heini. I am looking for the type of hops and typical amounts and schedual for said hops or other ingredient used to get the skunk in my beer. I know some do not like the style and say the hard part is catching the skunk. :D

Canadians are funny.

Gunrunner said:
The cold weather is getting to you, sounds like you need another beer.:D

Hard to argue that. It's a balmy 40 degrees out. Will have to put the shorts and flip flops away soon.

Cheers!

Funny this thread takes me back to my teenage years.

Opening a Moosehead and enjoying the smell of that first bit of skunk that tried to escape.

I may have to see if I can find a skunked Moosehead to see what I think of the smell/taste now that my pallet has changed.

Back