Double Cream Stout Recipe (big)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohack

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers,

I'm looking for an all grain recipe for a double cream stout. I LOVE Bell's Double Cream Stout (who wouldn't) and would like to take a crack at one. I've brewed alot of irish/english stouts but the cream stout is quite a different animal. Anyone got a good :)cross:) recipe?

Thanks

Not sure how they get that certain something different when compared to "normal" stouts. I'm guessing it's the lactose.

I've been wanting to try that. I plan to brew a Milk Chocolate (Lactose+Chocolate) Stout in the near future. I could post the recipe but I haven't brewed it yet and have no idea how it will turn out.

Left Handed Brewery has a great Milk Stout........ this thread reminded me of that.

Very smooth and flavorfull.....my wife even likes it and she hates stouts.

I did some checking at bells. This brew is really complex. I have been trying to take a stab at it as well. They use a tremendous amout of specialty grains to get that thick creamy texture. Thats all I know, but I am trying a cream stout next week. I am sure it is not the same, but I am using a grat deal of specialty grains to see what happens. Let me know if you get a recipe.

Back