True GDM-12 Fermentation Fridge Question- Electrical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danam404

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just picked up a GDM-12. I also snagged a prewired ETC/Ranco controller, two stage.

I'm a dummy when it comes to electrical so I really don't want to tear into this thing... The GDM has a normal receptacle underneath that the compressor plugs into.

My plan was to plug the compressor directly into the controller, and the fridge into the wall, which I figured would give me the lights, etc but only run the cooling when commanded by the temp controller.

Well, I did this, and nothing happened. Fridge got no power.. No lights, no fan, no cooling, nothin. Based on the wiring diagram I figured this would work, any idea where I went wrong here?

I ended up just plugging the whole fridge into the temp controller for now.

Thanks!!

That should work. Plug the cooler and the controller into a wall receptacle. Plug the compressor plug into the controller receptacle. Note however, don't plug the controller into the receptacle built into the cooler, since it is controlled by the cooler's thermostat. This should result in the lights and evaporator fan to always have power, which is preferable, imo.

Latest posts

Back