The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > temperature controller question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
elpresidente
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default temperature controller question

I just got my ranco controller today in the mail wired it up, etc....I have my chest freezer ready to go but I am not building a collar right away, just picnic taps at first. My question is how should I insert the temperature bulb thing(sorry dont know the name)? Sould I just drill a small hole in the compressor hump coming from outside? Also, does it just hang in there and go by the air temp inside the freezer or do I submerse it in a cup of liquid or something like that? suggestions please, thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 251 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I stick mine through the gap between the lid and freezer in the back when you open it and let it hang down. Works fine for me. Keep it away from the front and side walls though. Closing the lid on the wire won't hurt it. The gasket will form around it.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
rugger16
Recipes 

Agreed. just open the lid and put in in. I have heard of folks putting it in water, but I just let it hang. Once you get your collar on you can drill in that. I would not drill any un-needed holes in the freezer.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #4
elpresidente
Recipes 

cool, sounds good....I will just have it hanging in there until I build the collar.

Quick Reply