Propane Pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer:30

Chief Bottle Washer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This may be a very stupid question (my specialty), but......is there any way to step UP the pressure from a propane line. My brew burners hooked up to my house propane line just don't get enough pressure to burn well. The regulator at the bulk tank I think puts out at about 11 bars of Hg the gas guy told me. My burners don't enjoy that pressure. Is there a reverse regulator, or do I just need to stick with hooking my manifold to a grill bottle rather than the house line? I think the gas company would freak out if I put a Y in before the house regulator. They are very touchy about that sort of thing.
Thanks

Get some propane tanks, It sucks I know if you have house propane, but there isn't a way to 'up' your gas pressure without a compressor.

deathweed said:
Get some propane tanks, It sucks I know if you have house propane, but there isn't a way to 'up' your gas pressure without a compressor.
Thanks for sharing this bit of information. I have always wondered if it would be possible find an inexpensive method to share my house propane with my brewing setup. This saves me headache and hassle as well. :mug:

Back