LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
WormBoy
Chief Bottle Washer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Propane Pressure

This may be a very stupid question (my specialty), but......is there any way to step UP the pressure from a propane line. My brew burners hooked up to my house propane line just don't get enough pressure to burn well. The regulator at the bulk tank I think puts out at about 11 bars of Hg the gas guy told me. My burners don't enjoy that pressure. Is there a reverse regulator, or do I just need to stick with hooking my manifold to a grill bottle rather than the house line? I think the gas company would freak out if I put a Y in before the house regulator. They are very touchy about that sort of thing.
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Get some propane tanks, It sucks I know if you have house propane, but there isn't a way to 'up' your gas pressure without a compressor.

"Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte
“An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.” - Ernest Hemingway

Fermentation CabinetAdding Faucets to a TowerDIY HopbackPortable Kegerator

Old 04-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
Glibbidy

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathweed
Get some propane tanks, It sucks I know if you have house propane, but there isn't a way to 'up' your gas pressure without a compressor.
Thanks for sharing this bit of information. I have always wondered if it would be possible find an inexpensive method to share my house propane with my brewing setup. This saves me headache and hassle as well.

Quick Reply