Potential contamination during kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatschmaltez

Reaction score
Kegged last night and half way through the process I noticed a black spot that I assume is mold in my tubing from my rack cane. I had ran sanitizer through the racking cane and tubing prior to kegging for a few minutes. I know I'll find out soon enough, but with the sanitizing, the beer being at terminal gravity, and the kegerator being at less than 40, should I worry that I just ruined my batch?

Here's a pic of the black spot

image-2989699221.jpg

Was it something you had planned on aging long term? If not I would bet that you will not notice anything by the time you polish off the keg if kept in your kegerator the entire time.

It will probably be just fine.

From the picture that tubing looks a bit discolored. Try soaking your racking equipment in oxyclean or PBW to see if that cleans it up. If not, replace the tubing.

Yeah, I intend to replace, I actually had my replacement cane and tubing in house, but figured I'd give old faithful (current rack) one more shot. Oh well... I hate waiting.

Latest posts

Back