new Edelmetall Bru Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

closetbrewing

Reaction score
Hey all, Christmas is early this year. Got this in the mail today-wife ordered it and she had the brains to get the extension legs. Gotta love her for listening-who knew. Anyway it looks like this thing could heat the house or melt gold bars. I can't wait to give it a try. Does anyone else own one and how well do they .work? Let me know-thanks.

IMG_0163.jpg

They look exactly like Blich burners, which are pretty nice. The single issue I've had with mine is the burner going out and the flame migrating to beneath the burner straight out of the gas line. Only happened in wind, but scary none-the-less.

Cheesehed007 - I have the exact setup as you.

The edemetall works great. I can't tell much if any difference between it and my blichmann burner. I don't have the leg extensions, but those look nice and sturdy. I might have to purchase the extensions this winter.

As Cheesehed mentioned, the copper becomes discolored which is only an appearance issue. It looked pretty sweet out of the box though. I haven't had any issues with mine at all.

They basically are the same exact core of the Blichmann from what I can tell when having looked at them. The center core piece is exactly the same as is the BTU rating.

That said, I have the Blichmann and love it. Been using it a few years now and it's been working great. Btw, if the first time you use it you have only yellow flame open the air vent all the way then slowly start backing it off until you get a steady blue flame. If I recall correctly my Blichmann instructions had me start the opposite way and when I'd start opening the air flow I just got more and more yellow flame and soot on the bottom of the kettle so I kept backing it off not knowing I had to go "over the hump" so to speak.

Also, it's best to store it with the air vents completely closed just to help keep the chances of the occasional spider from crawling in there and making web which can cause turbulence in the gas flow.

Rev.

Back