Monster Mill MM2- Non drive roller getting stuck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eobie

Reaction score
Just got this mill about week ago. Set the gap to .037 and was milling my first grain bill when the thing started giving me problems. I had to completely disassemble the unit to get it working again. It appears that grain is getting stuck between the non drive roller and the frame, causing the roller to not spin. When this happens the unit will not mill. It almost got stuck again with a full hopper when it finally broke loose ans starting spinning again. Monster Mill, any resolution to this? HBT, anything like this happen to you?

Have you contacted monster mill? I have no doubt fred can help you.

It sounds to me like the end plates were tightened down too far from one another or are not square.

Haven't contacted anyone yet. I bought the base and hopper from Monster Mill so everything should be lined up correctly. If Fred doesn't respond here i'll get his email and get in touch that way. For all I know it could be operator error.

There are instructions for lining it up correctly... Did you buy mm's base too? His instructions are excellent.

I think either the base isnt square or the sides are too far apart. Does it spin by hand easily? Any gap on the ends?

Again, his support is second to none. Im positive he will help you with this.

The base and hopper are both from Monster Mill. Purchased on amazon......through Midwest. I sent an email through Monster Mills contact form. I'll see what they have to say. The good thing about the mill is that I only missed my efficiency by .5%. I was shooting for 72%. My last crush from the lhbs was 60%. Yuck!

It does spin freely by hand, until grain gets in there. It seems like one of the rollers slide back and forth. There is a gap.

I haven't gone through his instructions too well yet as I just get home, but it appears to be what I have to do.

Fred's instructions helped me out big time. Thanks, Fred! Came down to adjusting the mill square on the base.

Back