Getting second fridge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewnurse

Reaction score
SWMBO has allowed me to get a fridge her friend is getting rid of, FREE!!!! I have actually been wondering how to have multiple batches of beer going at once. The only problem is that I have no room in our small apartment and have to keep everything in the garage, which gets to 90's and sometimes 100's in the day. Not so good for beer making, that why I have a "fermentation chiller". So, I was wondering how can I convert the fridge to a fermentation fridge? Is there a way to have the temps for ale and possible lagers too? Thanks for the help!:mug:

My garage gets to 120 sometimes. I have a deep freeze and a beer fridge out there, and they do fine. My freezer stays at -10 degrees and my fridge at 33 to 40 (fluctuates a bit depending on the weather, and I have to fiddle with it when the weather starts to change drastically in the fall and spring).

You should just be able to plug it in and dial in the temp you want. If the machine is in good shape, I'm sure you can keep it at lagering temps. Of course, you need to keep a good accurate thermometer in there and monitor it a couple of times a day.

How many fermenters can you fit in your fridge? Are you using glass carboys or plastic buckets, or ????

I am using glass carboys, and I think that I will only be able to fit one at a time. I am going to see how big it is on Friday. I think it is 18.0cft. Thanks for the help, I can get an external thermometer to check on the temp.

Back