Cleaning & sanitizing siphon hoses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plan9

Reaction score
How do you fully clean and dry your siphon hoses?
Mine end up with water spots in them.

Mines connected to an autosiphon... when I'm cleaning and sanitizing, first I put some sanitizer in my wallpaper tray and lay it in hose and all...

After a few minutes when the outside is done, I put it into my bucket of sanitizing solution then i put the hose into the bottom of the bucket and start an "endless loop" siphon of sanitizer...Or I run it into a carboy if that's the next thing to sanitize..

To clean, I do the same thing with oxyclean... then I run an endless loop of water in a bucket to rinse it clean...often letting it go over night.

I really don't worry particularly about dying it...I figure dry sanitizer can't be that bad...

Plan9 said:
How do you fully clean and dry your siphon hoses?
Mine end up with water spots in them.

I hold the tube in the middle and twirl one end around really fast and then likewise on the other side. Gets most of the water out.

Moonpile said:
I hold the tube in the middle and twirl one end around really fast and then likewise on the other side. Gets most of the water out.
I do this too. My family thinks I have a screw lose but it works.

Back