7# CO2 Tank, Thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy_Mary

Reaction score
Oddball size, but cheap. Anyone have one? I was looking for a 10# tank, but I can get a 7# delivered for $48.52 with a fresh hydro and a new 320 valve.

Any thoughts?

sounds like a good deal. they're usually filled by weight, so i don't see a downside. care to share the source? i'm in the market for a larger tank if the price is right.

I bought one of the 7# tanks on ebay last year. They are steel but freshly painted. I use mine to carb my beers at room temperature while they are conditioning. With the regulator it is very top heavy so make sure you have a way to secure it. Also mine is very narrow and very tall. Make sure it will fit in your keezer etc. I got mine dirt cheap and don't regret the purchase at all. My gas place didn't know how to charge for a 7# refill since it wasn't in their computer...so I pay for a 5#. :ban:

Before you get it, make sure wherever you are going to get it filled, actually does fills while you wait, and not just swaps. If they only swap, you may be out of luck to get it filled.

Around here, a 5# costs almost as much as a 20# ($17 vs $22 I think), so the savings disappear really quick. Check before you buy. And that shape is going to be a pain, as it has to be upright when in use.

Cheers!

I've been looking at them as well. I don't have a keezer yet, but its in my plans to accumulate parts and pieces so that I can start putting it together by the end of the year. This is the keezer that I had as inspiration for building my own...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/converting-frigidaire-7-2-cu-ft-chest-freezer-162225/

I got it into my head that the CO2 bottle would fit in between the kegs in that freezer. Can anyone tell me if it would? I figured even if it didn't, then I could make something to keep it upright in the back, but it would just fit closer to the wall than a regular 5# bottle.

Latest posts

Back