6 gal Better Bottle: dimensions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate1977

Reaction score
Does anyone have the size dimensions for the 6 gal Better Bottle? I've looked all over their website but cannot find anything. I just need its diameter at the widest point (need to know if I get one if I'll have to get a bigger cooler).

Thanks!

In no attempt to revive this post...

The new 6 gallon ones (Im assuming new since I bought it only 2 years ago and this post is really really old) have the size marked on the bottom.

Thanks everyone. This helped us calculate the amount of lees and how much tasting, umm, I mean testing we could do and still get 48 12oz bottles.
If anyone cares to know it works out as follows:
5gal = 640fl oz
48 12oz bottles = 576fl oz, about 64fl oz leeway

1" of lees left on the bottom is 62fl oz
3/4" of lees is 47fl oz
priming sugar and water at bottling time is about 3 cups or 24fl oz
Total allowable tasting is:
1" is 64 - 62 + 24 = 26
3/4" is 64 - 47 + 24 = 44

so 26-44floz should be okay for tasting when measuring gravity between secondary or during primary. This is assuming your recipe works out to exactly 5gal, chances are your wort + water + yeast + malt + juice (for a graff) or more water will have you over 5gal. Anything in excess of 5gal is more to drink on bottling day! or more bottles.

Latest posts

Back