Zwanze Day 2016-10-01 - The Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Seymour event is going to be killer, if you've never been you definitely shouldn't miss it. If you have been, you already know the deal.
Never been to the Seymour actually--I'll be at Spuyten in Brooklyn most likely

I'll be at Russian River again this year. Last year it was pretty busy and we barley made the cut; one of the last couple tables. They did in-house Wild Friendship Blend which was killer. I'm excited to see what they drum up this year. Hotel room booked! Any one else gunna be around?

Bottle share from 7:30 am to noon, zwanze at 1pm, plenty of time to go to the airport for a 7pm flight that day, I really don't see what the problem is here.

o ****........waddup. i didn't know it was going down that early!
is the share @ crooked stave? damn...bring sour home brew?
how can i score 2 tickets from Houston? will blue_bleeder be there?! LOL

o ****........waddup. i didn't know it was going down that early!
is the share @ crooked stave? damn...bring sour home brew?
how can i score 2 tickets from Houston? will blue_bleeder be there?! LOL

The line started last year around 4:30-5:00AM and I'd say by 8:00-8:30 the line was pretty filled out. First come, first serve for tickets on the day of is what it has been the last few years.

Jesus, this whole thing sounds awful. I did Zwanze at lord hobo in 2012-2014 and it got significantly worse every year. In 2012 I showed up with my buddy about an hour before opening and we still got in. The loons on tap is great, the bottles were overpriced (back then, a steal in today's market), and the Zwanze has never really been that good.

I can't imagine what 2016 is like. Anyone know why lord hobo got their card pulled? Daniel's always swinging his dick about knowing Jean and blah blah blah. Could it be he tried to make a push to have it at the LH brewery?

I'll ****ing BE at Jester King if they'll have me this year. Last year (actually, this year, lol): not so much (lost the lotto)

You and me and a ton of others. I am not sure if I will try for their lotto this year. Buying a ticket to Brussels or Japan is actually really tempting. After I got shut out at JK yet again last year I just bought tickets for Brussels and did Quintessence. Absolutely zero regrets.

Considering heading to Montreal for Zwanze. Anyone ever been to Zwanze at Dieu du Ciel? Curious if its a ******** or not.

Still no details on how Slow Boat is gonna handle Zwanze. The place is so small that I'm not fighting stupid crowds if it's not ticketed.

Scratch Bar in Brisbane, AUS, sold tickets via eventbrite on Monday.

They were doing single pours of Zwanze for $15 plus booking fee, from 2-5pm. Took about 6 hours for these to go.

The other tickets sold in about 2 hours. $100 plus booking fee for the following from 11am to 2pm:

Zwanze Day Framboise – 240ml
Gueuze – 200ml
Kriek – 200ml
Rose de Gambrinus – 200ml
Cuvee St-Gilloise – 200ml
Lambic – 200ml
A selection of cheeses curated by Tony Launay of Fromage The Cow.​

Just got word I have to go to Paris for work.
I'll be landing in the 1st. Seeing that Cantillon closed Sunday's I should just go there on the Sat/Zwanze day, right? Heck, I'll just fly directly in. ;)

So, what's the deal with Moeder?
Tickets? Busy? What should I expect?

Backup plan is La Fine Mousse.

Last edited:
Wife and I got tickets for Bagby's, so I'll see you SD folks down there on the first! I noticed about two minutes before the sale that it was one ticket per order, thankfully the baby was being calm...

Tickets purchased. Ready for another great Zwanze Day
Vh9ViHG.jpg

That's a bummer dude, it's such a small space, looks like tickets were quick to go...
Yeah, I was shocked by the demand, but was also not aware that the sale was happening, so my slow reaction time is on me.
My ear will be to the ground for some tickets for Seymour, but I won't hold my breath.

was considering going to jolly pumpkin, but their ticket site just went up with more details: https://www.universe.com/events/jolly-pumpkin-artisan-ales-zwanze-day-2016-tickets-1DGQ84

$125 is way too much money. and how about the only difference between the VIP and regular sessions is a guaranteed zwanze pour for $25?
yeah, i thought this was bananas, especially for a first-time host where you don't know what you'll get. 500 tickets too, which is if you've been to the space seems...questionable. i'm a huge JP homer but this seems like a huge miss to me. if they did unlimited pours then maaaaaaybe but for what you're getting, it's far too much.

yeah, i thought this was bananas, especially for a first-time host where you don't know what you'll get. 500 tickets too, which is if you've been to the space seems...questionable. i'm a huge JP homer but this seems like a huge miss to me. if they did unlimited pours then maaaaaaybe but for what you're getting, it's far too much.
I guess it's for charity?

Snagged some Trillium Canton tickets. I've been to Zwanze at Birch Bar in Norfolk VA the last few years, excited to see how they do it up here.

Kernel tickets went in less than an hour. Looks like the lunacy has finally started to hit the UK. Oh well we had 4 years where it was chilled.

Yeah, I was shocked by the demand, but was also not aware that the sale was happening, so my slow reaction time is on me.
My ear will be to the ground for some tickets for Seymour, but I won't hold my breath.
So I grabbed some tickets I the Seymour before I knew trillium was doing a ticketed release. I ended up getting through this morning for trillium and would rather go there (much closer drive). If you want my two tickets, let me know and I'll contact BPT to change the name on them (or however that might end up working)

annoyed it's at sovereign and not churchkey. sov is bigger and has the Belgian thing but is in the middle of nowhere. churchkey is around the corner from my apartment. :mad:

Well I guess I won't be going to the Beachwood event, the tickets sold out instantaneously. Anyone here manage to grab any?

I was lucky enough to get PM session tickets, they sold out in seconds, it was crazy.

Would prefer morning though as thats when most of my friends are going, soif anyone wants to switch morning for afternoon lmk

By way of comparison, Side Project in St Louis sold their tickets for $75, and in addition to a guaranteed Zwanze pour and an event glass, comes with unlimited pours of the rest of their stacked list. That I can respect. But Jolly Pumpkin can **** off. So glad I'll be doing it in Philly, though the lack of ticket utilization no doubt will make for chaos.

Back