Zombies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gangs of the Dead is next on my list then. I can't wait.

Did you ever see Zombie Strippers? I want to see it, but at the same time I don't.

I've seen Zombie Strippers, it's pretty awful. Not only is the acting bad but the editing was worse. The end of the movie doesn't even match the rest of the plot, but their are lots of titties!

Did you ever see Zombie Strippers? I want to see it, but at the same time I don't.

It starts out promising but soon descends into a a series of strip routines.

Can't say I recommend it as a zombie movie, it's basically just a chest fest. Not that I'm opposed to that sort of thing though! ;)

The Walking Dead premieres on AMC on Halloween. It is absolutely amazing, i go out of my way to watch good, great, bad, awful zombie movies.

I caught the first episode of this show early, and was blown away. Watch this show!!!!! The atmosphere, special effects, and gore are all top notch. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes the zombie genre.

Romero hasn't made a good movie since Dawn of the Dead (granted, i did enjoy Diary of the Dead), but this is going to be the new standard for zombies, imo.

edit: Also, don't know if anyone has seen or heard of it but if you're looking for a decent zombie film, look up the French film called 'the horde' ... it was doing the film festival circuit i think last year, i downloaded and watched it ... pretty damn good. The french know what they're doing when it comes to horror.

It starts out promising but soon descends into a a series of strip routines.

Can't say I recommend it as a zombie movie, it's basically just a chest fest. Not that I'm opposed to that sort of thing though! ;)

Hmmm,,, now I am conflicted.

Wait what?!
What is it called? I have Day by dar armageddon and Beyond exile. I've read the first one twice and I'm workin on the 2nd for the 2nd time. Have you read Zomblog, WWZ, or Plague of the dead?

Excellent books. I also now have The Walking Dead scheduled on DVR tomorrow. Can't wait.

I loved Day By Day and Beyond Exile. I was not to crazy about the end of the second but overall they are wonderful. World War Z was excellent as well. I am dying to see Walking Dead but we are not going to get it here in Afghanistan anytime soon.

Yes WWZ was very good as well. I too was a little let down by the ending in the second book, as it seemed a little muddled and thrown together. However the story was still pretty good. I am really anxious for a third. Who knows when that will happen though. I will post my thoughts on The Walking Dead tonight. Trailer and write ups make it look promising.

Keep your head down, and your chin up over there. And thanks for your service.

Thoughts on The Walking Dead:

I will watch anyhting with zombies, and will continue to do so, but the blatant rip of of 28 days later coupled with poor logic (let's head into the largest metro are on a horse? Really? Apocalypse, on a horse?) has me thinking this series can only go up from here.

The majority of pilots are terrible, so I'm still watching, but man.

I thought it was pretty good, I'll keep tuning in. You're right though, it is a bit of a 28 days rip off, especially the intro.

I like that the zombies are attracted to the sound of gunfire so the survivors really have to be selective about who and when they shoot. If you shoot one it'll bring ten more! I thought that put a rather sadistic spin on the survival aspect. Also that will make bludgeoning the preferred method of zombie dispatch which should make for some good episodes!

I give it thumbs up.

28 days............

Decent movie, but when he 4 wheels/flies over the piles and piles of cars in the tunnel, did anyone else throw up a little?

WTF??

The first issue of the Walking Dead was released in October of 2003. 28 Days Later was released in the US in June of 2003. I'm assuming the Walking Dead was wrote before 28 Days Later was released and its very possible it was just a coincidence.

Maybe we'll never know.

I thought 28 days was pretty good, at least the first half was. The sequel 28 weeks was horrible IMHO.

I prefer the walking corpse type zombies over the virus infected living type though. Considering they're not actually dead, I couldn't figure out why the 28 days zombies didn't just attack each other. I'm glad "The Walking Dead" used the Romero type zombies instead.

Walking corpses, they move slow but there's lots of 'em, hungry for human flesh, shot to the brain brings 'em down, one bite and you're toast, etc etc. The show stayed true to the classics. I liked it.

I couldn't figure out why the 28 days zombies didn't just attack each other.........

A real problem with any zombie flick. At some point the character that the zombie just took down to feast on gets up and looks for flesh herself....at what point does she start tasting bad to other zombies?

The apparent nature of these things, would dictate that the big ones would probably eat the little ones.

Sean of the dead explores so hilariously that little loophole, supposing that just acting like a zombie will make the real zombies leave you alone...lol. CLASSIC.

I would like to think zombies give off a different scent than living humans. Kinda like pheromones.

I would like to think zombies give off a different scent than living humans. Kinda like pheromones.

Also, it could be argued that they prefer "fresher" meat, but it makes little sense.

There would be TONS of zombies with one leg eaten off, or the head eaten (if, in fact, that is the delicacy of choice.....BRAINSSSSES;))

Instead, they are rotting from a place or 2, but very few that look like their head has been chewed upon.

I guess some zombies are pretty picky when it comes to human flesh. 1 or 2 bites and done.

Shaun if the Dead was all time wasn't it?

I can dig why the dead only want living flesh but the 28 Days Later zombies were still alive, they were just infected with a virus that turned them into homicidal maniacs, but for some reason they didn't attack each other. It could have been a pheromone thing I guess.

What's funny (when I consider the whole "suspension of disbelief" thing) is the notion of the dead coming back to eat the living is WAAAAAY more preposterous than people getting an infection that makes them attack others but for some reason it just works better for me!

Now that you mention it, The Walking Dead did actually have a couple half-eaten zombies lumbering around. It was a nice touch!

Thoughts on The Walking Dead:

I will watch anyhting with zombies, and will continue to do so, but the blatant rip of of 28 days later coupled with poor logic (let's head into the largest metro are on a horse? Really? Apocalypse, on a horse?) has me thinking this series can only go up from here.

The majority of pilots are terrible, so I'm still watching, but man.

It stuck pretty much to the source material.

It's not really about the zombies, it's more about the terrible things people will do to each other when society breaks down.

Could have just as easily have been post-nuclear war, alien attack, post plaque, etc.

It stuck pretty much to the source material.

It's not really about the zombies, it's more about the terrible things people will do to each other when society breaks down.

Could have just as easily have been post-nuclear war, alien attack, post plaque, etc.

+1

The best zombie stories are where the zombies are a sub-story of the main plot.

Also, it could be argued that they prefer "fresher" meat, but it makes little sense.

There would be TONS of zombies with one leg eaten off, or the head eaten (if, in fact, that is the delicacy of choice.....BRAINSSSSES;))

Instead, they are rotting from a place or 2, but very few that look like their head has been chewed upon.

I believe that since zombies are slow moving, that if one where to get attacked by one or two.. they would get chomped on for a few bites, but ultimately pull away and escape. Later they would die and reanimate, thus being a zombie with a "few" bites.

If someone were to get completely cornered by a group they would be pretty much devoured and have no chance of being reanimated.

Haven't seen TWD dead yet (recorded, watching it later), but I did just see Survival of the Dead and Zombie Strippers.

SOTD: slow, couple good actors mixed with a lot of bad. Overall the story was not really engaging and lame.

Zombie Strippers: what did you expect, it had Jenna Jameson in it? Tons of boobs, which automatically makes it a 7 out of 10. It was cheesy from the very start, gorey, and hilarious. Take it for what it is.

Haven't seen TWD dead yet (recorded, watching it later), but I did just see Survival of the Dead and Zombie Strippers.

SOTD: slow, couple good actors mixed with a lot of bad. Overall the story was not really engaging and lame.

Zombie Strippers: what did you expect, it had Jenna Jameson in it? Tons of boobs, which automatically makes it a 7 out of 10. It was cheesy from the very start, gorey, and hilarious. Take it for what it is.

Robert England is really hurting for work since portraying Fredy Kruger.

Note to self: Using meat as transport during zombie apocalypse = bad idea.

Lol, didn't see it, but really......

A horse will somewhat drive itself, can eat grass, never runs out of gas, can outrun any zombie.........

Which leaves an opening for some bad assed film making.

A zombie riding a zombie horse after you, both of them trying to eat you..... lol.

+1

The best zombie stories are where the zombies are a sub-story of the main plot.

I disagree. I want zombies, not love stories.

Can you cite examples?

Lol, didn't see it, but really......

A horse will somewhat drive itself, can eat grass, never runs out of gas, can outrun any zombie.........

Which leaves an opening for some bad assed film making.

A zombie riding a zombie horse after you, both of them trying to eat you..... lol.

You have to feed them, shoe them, they are temperamental, offer no sort of protection, and are made of meat.

I hated how he befriended the horse, only to abandon it first chance he had.

That is crappy.

In the event of a Zed apocolypse, I would assume you would only grab a shoed horse.;)

It would have been bad assed if later the zombified horse ran him down to return the favor.

A zombie horse would be some SCARY ****.

Can you cite examples?

For me, one of the most interesting thing about zombie movies is watching a ragtag group of survivors trying to cope with the collapse of civilization. So the human element is pretty important, at least to me.

Not that a lack of zombies would improve the tale!:rockin:

I'm so geeked about The Walking Dead. We've got something with Zombies with plenty of time to tell the story. So hopefully we'll get a beginning to all of it.

As bad as it is, I find myself really liking Return of the Living Dead, now that I've finally seen it...yes, it's taken this long to see it.

The zombie outbreak isn't entirely cleche, they're not completely mindless, they can't be killed unless completely destroyed and if not done properly only makes things worse, and their motives are explained.

It's the best bad movie I've seen in a long time.

Can you cite examples?
[\QUOTE]

I've already posted it once:

http://www.talesofworldwarz.com/stories/

Go read World War Z too, if you haven't already. That is a good book, though it's been some time since I've read it.

[\QUOTE]
In that case what does it matter how good any zombie movie is.. as long as it has zombies, right? Go watch zombie strippers, and don't worry about other's opinions of it. ;)

You are still under the impression that 28 days/weeks later has zombies... so... :rolleyes: he he he :D

Zombies are easy; smash the brain.

How are you going to defend your holdup and supplies from the group of people that are starving and homeless?

In the event of WWZ, think about trying to hole up and defend your local wal-mart... guarantee zombies won't be your biggest threat.

In any apocalypse, good people will fall at the hands of bad people. The ones that are willing to kill other people (LIVING people) will survive. That is scarier than any zombie.

Read "The Road." This is what I believe to be an accurate glimpse of what it would be like. People harvesting people for food, including raping women to get them pregnant and making a meal out of the child. Add zombies to that? We're fooked!

Unless you're one of the "bad" people. ;)

Can you cite examples?
[\QUOTE]

I've already posted it once:

http://www.talesofworldwarz.com/stories/

Go read World War Z too, if you haven't already. That is a good book, though it's been some time since I've read it.

[\QUOTE]
In that case what does it matter how good any zombie movie is.. as long as it has zombies, right? Go watch zombie strippers, and don't worry about other's opinions of it. ;)

You are still under the impression that 28 days/weeks later has zombies... so... :rolleyes: he he he :D

Zombies are easy; smash the brain.

How are you going to defend your holdup and supplies from the group of people that are starving and homeless?

In the event of WWZ, think about trying to hole up and defend your local wal-mart... guarantee zombies won't be your biggest threat.

In any apocalypse, good people will fall at the hands of bad people. The ones that are willing to kill other people (LIVING people) will survive. That is scarier than any zombie.

Read "The Road." This is what I believe to be an accurate glimpse of what it would be like. People harvesting people for food, including raping women to get them pregnant and making a meal out of the child. Add zombies to that? We're fooked!

Unless you're one of the "bad" people. ;)

Call it what you will, I like post apocalyptic movies where the enemy is a mindless thing out to get us. You want to convey parable, I don't. I don't find it always necessary.

I like character and plot development, I like watching people survive, I don't like romance intertwined, hence Zombie Strippers is I'm sure a great movie in it's own right, but casting me aside or minimizing my like of a genre because I wish to have a story devoid of romantic development doesn't decrease my love or appreciation of the genre.

Love plays a role in a lot of things, Zombies included, but in the context of Zombie out break, it seems to be more of a survival tool, akin to our development of the emotion in our primitive development. I just don't want a good post Apocalypse messed up by overly intricate emotional content.

Guy... you haven't even SEEN zombie strippers, from what you've said. lol.. there is no love in that movie and its not an apocalypse movie..

Watch it.

I never mentioned love at all.. FWIW.

Back