Zombies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm dressing up at Shaun from Shaun of the Dead this halloween. Already got my pants, shirt, tie and name tag.

Constructed a cricket bat of foam, wooden dowel and wood contact paper.

Maybe I'll upload some pictures.

Tres COOL brother.........that is awesome because it isn't so obvious.

Don't forget the "you've got some red on you" ink on the pocket, or blood tastefully spattered all over.

It's not a gore fest horror movie by any means. It's more of a satire but it's done really well. They had pretty big budget for an indie zombie flick.

Perfect. SWMBO is a little action/violence'd out at the moment.

Going to Wii stream it as well, I was looking for a movie for tonight.

At first I thought that we should get kickbacks from netflix for so much free advertising for their streaming......then I realized that I went from sending them 18.99/month or so for 4 discs(I think), down to $8.99 for 1 disc and unlimited streaming. $10 more a month towards brewing........

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER;)

Here's a couple of pictures from my gf and I dressed zombies for halloween. It was my first time working with extensive gore makeup. I think we turned out pretty good.

15867_574931780225_28402597_33797244_7207324_n.jpg

15867_574931755275_28402597_33797239_6050003_n.jpg

I cant grab the zombie moans from resident evil, does anyone have them in mp3 format? or would be willing to grab them for me? I lack the techno skills to record it on my computer through my tv while game is rolling.

There may ba a youtube vid of it that you could loop, the thing is, there is just 1 point in that game that I have found where there are:

A. Zombies who can't get to you(so you can let it sit without pausing.

B. No chainlink or another object for them to bang on.

c. No music playing.

Do you like you zombies fast or slow? Are the "infected" really zombies? I cannot wait for the zombie show "The Walking Dead" starts on AMC.

RE2 has some good zombie effects, I was going to use that, just too dumb to record it myself. could you get me a nice, say 30 min mp3?

I would also check the left 4 dead sound effects. You can find a lot of clips on the internet, but I was unable to find a looping or extended clip of only zombie sounds.

In re 2, it is after........well......it is near the beginning.......there are 2 zombies......crap!

I know it when I see it, lol.

Haven't played it since last halloween.

it is right after the zombies kick open the chain link fence.

No music is KEY.

There is a place in the beginning where you need to jump over a dumpster, so the zombies wont be able to reach you. Not sure about the music though.

I think that is it bargain mugs.

Maybe I'll give it a test run tonight.

The beauty of it is the TRUE random involved.

I had speakers in my living rioom window, and my daughter's (then 4 yrs old) window.

The zombies groan often enough, but so help me GOD!!! When I put her to bed, the damn living dead had not moaned for almost 2 minutes.

She was asleep, so I just tucked her in, kissed her brow gently, and crept out.

No sooner had I got back to the party, then I had an "OH ****!!" moment.

I was running back to her room (I should have just turned the stereo off) when she ran screaming out to the moans of the undead, lol.

No way it is looped.

The movie Zombie! Such a fantastically horrible classic. You have to like it for one simple thing, ZOMBIE vs. SHARK!!!!

Zombie vs shark....was there a shark zombie? That would be epic.

My res evil2 leon wouldn't play. With claire unsaved you can still get there.

Down the stairs, you are there. Shoot the chick because her moans are like a woman badly faking an orgasm. Leave 3 male zombies.

Steps, wind, moans. It works.

OMG yes!!!!

Lucio Fulci was a genius! That zombie vs shark scene was all time. There was no cgi in those days, that was the real thing. A guy in a freakin' zombie costume, underwater, wrestling a shark.

They don't make 'em like they used to do they? Sigh....

Here's a bit of zombie trivia for you:
That movie "Zombie" was released in Italy as "Zombi 2", it was supposed to be the 'sequel' to George Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" (Dawn of the Dead was called "Zombi" in it's Italian release). Dawn of the Dead was a huge hit in Italy and the public was clamoring for a sequel so they hired an Italian director and crew to make it. They did they're best to make it look like an American film and the result speaks for itself. A zombie classic...

If you liked "Zombie" (or thought it was so bad it's good as is usually the case) check out "The Beyond". That is Lucio Fulci's masterwork.

A woman inherits a hotel in New Orleans that (wouldn't you know it?) was built on a portal to Hell. Naturally that portal gets opened and zombie mayhem ensues. The plot gets ditched about halfway through in favor of pure zombie flavored carnage. A work of genius I tell ya!

I vaguely remember hearing that Zombie tidbit. The only thing that can possibly beat Zombie vs. Shark, is if someone could pull off some Zombie, Ninja, Pirate, thing.

Maybe throw in a cowboy for good measure, cause Bub/Bud got that ball rolling in Day of the Dead.

I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for The Beyond. Thanks for that!

Not sure if anyone mentioned this in the thread, didn't read all the pages, but in iTunes university there is a lecture series from the University of Alabama about zombies in the media. I think it's 8 or 9 episodes long and it is pretty informative about the fascination with zombies.

Basically, Zombies are the John Everyman that equalize any person in the world. But really worth the time to listen to series and it's free!

TO THIS DAY....(lol)

I get to a certain point on Resident Evil 2, where you hear intermittent zombie moans, but they can't get you, and I pump that out all of the windows and the garage on halloween.

AWESOME effect!

Reminds me of the Motherinlaw in the kitchen on thanksgiving with the guys in the front room drinking beer...

Thanks for the tip Steinhaus, I'll check that out.

I like zombies because they spread all over the world. Vampires, werewolves and what not can wreak havoc in a town or a city but zombies tend to annihilate global civilization!

Can't touch that!

Thanks for the tip Steinhaus, I'll check that out.

I like zombies because they spread all over the world. Vampires, werewolves and what not can wreak havoc in a town or a city but zombies tend to annihilate global civilization!

Can't touch that!

Zombies also have the subtle horror of switching a character from cherished loved one, to raving monster.

Thanks azscoob. I'm getting married next month!

I just saw George Romero's new one "Survival of the Dead"

It's OK, not his best work but it'll do in a pinch for some Halloween season viewing. There is a scene where a guy shoots a zombie in the mouth with a flare gun then lights a cigarette off his head. Gotta give thumbs up to that.

Marrage can do that to a woman, no need to turn em into a zombie. :D

Tell me about it!!!!!! SWMBO was SOOOO cool before we got hitched. Tons of oral sex, bought me cool gifts, loved beer, loved mexican food every other night.

NOW, she gives tons of oral sex, buys me great gifts, loves my beer, BUT SHE HATES MEXICAN FOOD!!!!!I MEAN WTF??????????? Oh the horror.

It's OK, not his best work but it'll do in a pinch for some Halloween season viewing. There is a scene where a guy shoots a zombie in the mouth with a flare gun then lights a cigarette off his head. Gotta give thumbs up to that.

You're getting married??? Cool!;) What??? a cig and not a cigar?.......I'll have to review it myself before giving credit.;)

It was on demand for a while and I kept putting it off till
I had some one to watch it with, now I can't find it. Where did you find a copy?

WHOAH!!!!!!

FIDO was AWESOME. It was a little along the lines of Pride prejudice and zombies. It was set in the all too cheery and silly 1950s genre of "Leave it to Beaver" only with zombies.

Too cool.

On demand as in CABLE? I don't think it is on netflix instant.

You got it. I love on Demand, used to be called paper view. Same price as Blockbuster, no late fees, and sometimes they get stuff before it's available anywhere else.

My "on demand" has tons of free movies. So many that I am NEVER gonna "paper view".

Between that and Netflix, I wonder how Neanderthal man ever got by.;)

Isn't Fido great?!

It's not a horror movie but I think they did a great job handling the zombie mythos.

My favorite line:

"Help! Grandpa's fallen, and he's getting up!!"

It was on demand for a while and I kept putting it off till
I had some one to watch it with, now I can't find it. Where did you find a copy?

I just got a copy from Netflix. They have it, but I don't think they stream it.

Like I said, It's not his best work but it's alright. About 10 years ago I made the questionable decision to become an expert on zombie movies so I feel obligated to see them all!

Zombies scare the crap out of me. Imagine them hitting a dense, poor population with limited control by the local government like Juarez.

I read "Z War" and the Survival Guide great books. I love the genre. To the person asking for a zombie western it has been done. Chris Cataan is in it and it sucks.

Short stories and poems written by independant and non-professional writers (though they write like pros):

http://www.talesofworldwarz.com/

GREAT stuff on there. I read it all the time. There are continuing adventures from writers, just click on the tags to bring up the other chapters for ongoing stories.

:mug:

I just got a copy from Netflix. They have it, but I don't think they stream it.

Like I said, It's not his best work but it's alright. About 10 years ago I made the questionable decision to become an expert on zombie movies so I feel obligated to see them all!

I'm no expert, but I love the genre, I have seen quite a few, most terrible.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411805/

This was one of the worst. I've seen it twice, can't really tell you what it's about. That bad.

Yea I've seen it. It's pretty bad.
The 'Return of the Living Dead' series crapped out after the second installment.

If you want a zombie flick that's so bad it's almost good, check out "Gangs of the Dead".

The zombie apocalypse strikes south central L.A. and a group of survivors comprised of crips, bloods and cops are all holed up in a warehouse. You can imagine where it goes. Zombie gang-bangers are a great idea if you ask me but bad acting and a low budget makes it pretty cringe-worthy. The best part is when two cops are on the roof of the warehouse, contemplating the collapse of society, and you can see traffic in L.A. moving around like normal in the background!

Back