ZChiller Counterflow?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcman73

Reaction score
I searched the forums regarding the zchiller counterflow and only found a mention of them in a poll.

Has anyone used this brand counterflow? If so, hows the build quality and are you happy with it?

Here is the website; http://zchillers.com/shop/

Thanks.

Just bought the large one today. If it gets here in time, I'm brewing next Tuesday and will let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'll be purchasing mine within the next few weeks (working on my SWMBO to spring for me :eek: ) and I'll post my results with pics.

Just brewed an oatmeal stout on Sunday and used the Zchiller for the first time. It got the boiling wort into my conical at 69 degrees in under 8 minutes. With 63 degree ground water. Was really impressed. Little pricey but well worth it and looks really cool too.

Ordered one the other day. These are currently 15% off via their website at www.zchillers.com

There are test results on the site for these as well. These guys are in the refrigeration business and are experts in heat transfer.

I received my last week and I will use it on Saturday (fingers crossed)

Any update on these?
I am looking also.

I asked if they would do custom fittings, never got a response.

Also wondering about a mounting bracket, since I want mount to brew stand.

I love mine. amazing how fast is chills and i like not worrying about stuff getting stuck in plates. i would most definitely buy it again. go with the big one. Currently there is no mounting bracket but i think it's better not to have one so you can roll it at then end of cleaning to know you got all the water out of both pipes.

Back