Yuengling lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of things to add. I got the opportunity to taste a black and tan tonight and much preferred it over the traditional lager I boughtthe other day HOWEVER, I came home and popped open one of the lagers since I had some left and this time just drank it from the bottle rather than pouring into a glass. It was actually pretty decent. Can someone explain to me why that would be other than the obvious that I am full of dog crap lol.

the lager is ok better than BMC choices at the local bar, but nothing that I would buy to bring home. With troeges and victory close buy there are much better fresh choices.

A couple of things to add. I got the opportunity to taste a black and tan tonight and much preferred it over the traditional lager I boughtthe other day HOWEVER, I came home and popped open one of the lagers since I had some left and this time just drank it from the bottle rather than pouring into a glass. It was actually pretty decent. Can someone explain to me why that would be other than the obvious that I am full of dog crap lol.

Well a lot of taste is really smell. In a glass your nose gets right down in there, a bottle blocks alot of the smell. So that probably is why you taste a difference.

Revvy said:
Everyone's got different opinions. I love it. The Trad Lager has a ton more flavor than any BMC of the same style. It's a goto lawnmower beer for me whenever I can lay my hands on it.

I love it as well. Lived in PA for most of my life and now living in Denver so it's a rare treat for me!!

Vespa said:
Yuengling is a great beer. It was the first beer I tried to make. I think you really have to have it on draft to appreciate it. The green bottles tend to skunk very quickly. Though a sea of green bottles during an Eagles game is a welcome sight (well maybe not this year). You are right that you always want what you don't have though. My Michigan and Chicago friends love Yeungling and I'm always bringing them cases. Meanwhile, I would love them to bring me some Bells and Goose Island which is harder for me to get.

Nice post - I am an Eagles and Lager Phan as well!

So, probably a 50/50 split on the Yuengling in the community -- does anyone have a Yuengling Lager recipe to try for the aspiring home brewer?

Back