Your Morning Routine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebastian Weetabix

Reaction score
What is your morning routine?
For me, if my morning routine goes well, my day goes well also.
So my morning routine starts with me getting up at five am and having a cup of coffee.
Around five thirty I head out the door for my five mile walk.

So far, in the month of March I have walked one hundred fifty three miles. So far, for the month of April, I have walked forty seven miles.
To put this in the proper perspective, I have had a quadruple bypass, stents and a pacemaker.
I am type two diabetic with heart disease and neuropathy in my outer extremities.

I’m not bragging, just sayin’. I am a former Army medic so I pretty much understand my limits.

My morning routine is my Coronavirus test. If I can walk five miles without panting for breath, I ain’t infected.

So what’s your morning routine?

Last edited:
The point of my post was to ask people to get out and do SOMETHING. I admire that KH54S10 rode his bike over ten miles. I can’t ride a bike because of my balance problems. And yes Steveruch, sometimes just getting up can be a pain in the lower extremities.
But if each and every one of us fail to use anything and everything in our power to fight back, against boredom or apathy or some stupid bug, then what are we?
Each of us has to make up our own minds. But if I go down, it will be swinging!

well, i weed whack for 2 hours a day once a week....bumps my calorie burn up to 2920, from 2820 on the daily avg? yes, i weigh myself every morning and meticulously keep track of what i eat, and at 3,500 cals a pound of body weight i know these things....been doing it for 10 years now, pretty accurate/nominal.

Get up up at 5, coffee and a health roll (aka honey bun) by 5:30. Kids up, dressed, and at sitter by 6:30, and off to the races. My entire day is littered with carrying tools, walking rooftops, and climbing ladders, so a morning workout regimen ain’t happening (unless wrestling 3 kids count as cardio). So far Air conditioning and refrigeration is still considered essential so my routine hasn’t changed much.
I could imagine that suddenly being sequestered to your home would be tough. The couch and Netflix would be calling out pretty loud!

I don't have a daily routine, my days are all over the place. I don't get up at a set time, but somewhere between 8 and 9am, usually, though on brew days like today I'll program the coffee machine for 7:00 am, and my alarm for 7:10.

The Spousal Unit and I find time daily to take walks/hikes, length varying by how much time we both can budget. We did a good one yesterday that took us almost 5 miles with a ~150' altitude change thrown in, but more typically we'll do a couple of miles over to and around the state wildlife sanctuary adjacent to the development. I skipped the walk today in favor of brewing but she did three miles anyway.

Otherwise lately there's been some household infrastructure that needed attention, and transitioning from winter to summer outdoor equipment. And getting the gardens ready...

Cheers!

Back