Your Favorite Cocktail!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A rye old fashioned. My favorite is from a tapas restaurant that uses bacon infused rye, maple syrup, Angostura bitters, and twists of lemon and orange.

Wait, I always thought you were supposed to open the bottle of vermouth and just wave it over your glass

I've heard you can also just introduce them to each other: "Beefeaters Gin, I'd like to to meet vermouth, vermouth I'd like you to meet gin ... "

or for the very dryest martini ... lean over the glass of gin and just whisper "vermouth".

see.....

why do people insist on calling gin on the rocks a martini? i don't understand it.

this whole "wave the vermouth bottle over the glass" thing is so ridiculious. a martini is a cocktail - 3.5 to 1. adjust from there. but don't remove.

if you want gin, call it gin.

Word!
see.....

why do people insist on calling gin on the rocks a martini? i don't understand it.

this whole "wave the vermouth bottle over the glass" thing is so ridiculious. a martini is a cocktail - 3.5 to 1. adjust from there. but don't remove.

if you want gin, call it gin.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Bloody Mary-morning elixir or tres agaves + titos vodka.(i usually infuse the titos with grilled jalapenos.
Gin and tonics-Hendricks.
Martinis.
Bellinis-had some at Harry's bar, yum.
Campari and soda.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Home Brew mobile app

Just made myself a drink with 3 shots sweet & sour mix and 1.5 shots vanilla vodka. Added ice & stirred.

Pretty awesome night cap.

Blacktooth Grin - Crown with a splash of Coke

Also fond of White Russians, Irish Car Bombs, AMF, and a good margarita.

Harvey Wallbanger. 1 part vodka, 2 parts orange juice (fresh squeezed is best) stirred together with plenty of ice and a float of Galiano on the top. An awesome morning/brunch drink. Also great before football games instead of beer to reduce trips to the bathroom.

It's an acquired taste. Or not. I can't wrap my brain around Jaegermeister.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Home Brew mobile app

It's an acquired taste. Or not. I can't wrap my brain around Jaegermeister.

While my family was still coming to this country in the late 1920's through the late 1950's from Germany ... Jagermeister was a main family beverage with the older folks.
I still like it a lot.

Has anyone here ever had something called Underberg?

Underberg tastes very much like Jagermeister but is 90*proof and has no sweetness at all (if you can imagine that). When I was a kid we used to call it "German truth serum" because if you claimed you had a stomach ache and could not go to school you were probably going to have to suffer through a dose of either Underberg or Paregoric ... both equally horrible at the time.

Now, Underberg is one of my very favorite aperitifs. How tastes change.

underberg.jpg

Latest posts

Back