Your experience with spring water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThriceIn5Minutes

Reaction score
I just made a batch this weekend with a mix of spring water taken from the spillway at Barton Springs. I thought it would make the beer a really authentic Austin brew.

I went early in the morning the same day of the brewing so there weren't more than 6 people in the pool (thought that might reduce urine levels). I poured the water directly into my SS kettle through a filter and started boiling.

It didn't taste any different than I would have expected. I'll report back in a week or two when I get a taste with some alcohol content.

Has anyone else tried using real spring water (not Ozarka branded "spring water")? What has your experience been?

Ha! Thats awesome! Only in Austin would people be making beer from pool water :D

How did it come out?

**man, I'm dying to have a lazy day at Barton Springs some time this summer....I love that place**

I'm not from TX, but about 5 miles up the road from me in VA, there is a spring, that pours out from the mountain. Someone, about 70 years ago, made like a faucet for it outta concrete, and it's still there now, with some off the best tasting water around. Used it on a many beer. And the only thing likely to pee in this water, is the animals. Worked great for me....

--matt--

Back