your addicted to homebrewing when......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monsterbronc

Reaction score
You name your carboys....

Its an anique, has OZONE drinking water cast into the glass, have no idea how old it is or if its worth anything (worth alot to me, I love my carboys) So I named it Ozzy. now to think of a name for the other one....

You have more chilled mugs than food in your freezer.

there is nothing in your home that is not eligible to be drafted into the home brewing operation.

Your dreams at night have transitioned from hot women to figurin' the grain and hops profile of your next brew.

You're in the produce section of the grocery store and wonder which kinds of fruits and veggies would be a good ingredient.

You dig through the glass dumpster at the recycling center in search of swing tops and champage bottles.........

Better yet, you have the attendant hold them for you when she finds them.

... You get excited come spring. Not for the change in weather but thats when you can grow your own hops ..

Your wife yells at you for taking up half of the basement with brew stuff. If you watch T.V. on my couch downstairs you will see corny kegs to your left and carboys to your right.

You look at these and you think: "Nice jugs"! And you actually mean "jugs" :D
nice-jugs--75930.jpg

Looking to get a second job to support my addiction (homebrewing).:tank:

When I was interviewing at the job I'm about to start, I thought about how I could easily detour to the LHBS on the way home... :D

Of course, I've gone there enough times in the past couple of months that I know the owner, plus the person that's behind the counter the most. I am thinking about moving closer to the LHBS too, but that would just be a bonus for when I move. :drunk:

when you're a grand in the hole on brewing gear and haven't even brewed yet....

-=Jason=-

Work is slow and so your (um, you're) on Hombrewtalk.com all day long at the office and then the first thing you do when you get home is grab a homebrew and log back on...

:eek:

Edit: Embarrassed.

When your wife calls all the empty pop-tops drying on the window sill's your burglar alarm...

Good point. My wife and I are expecting our second child... I think I'll run "Red Tail Ale" up the flag pole when I get home and see where it lands me.

You could also use the name of your favored hops, base malts, etc... Some of those could actually work for a person's name... Well, maybe... I don't think too many [kids especially] would understand the reference...

You could bastardize the 'Red Tail Ale' to "RiTA"... :D

You have drunk so much that you don't know the difference between "your" and you are".

you walk into home depot or lowes and think that EVERYTHING in the store can somehow be used for brewing

When I opened my closet and realized that over 50% of the space in there is dedicated to beer stuff, and the garage is 25% beer stuff.

you drive to the HB store in the middle of a blizzard (me today), to buy new toys and new ingredients because your primary is empty, and you really can't wait any longer for that bottle sanitizer even though it will be weeks before you can use it.

you picked your first carboy out of the garbage, and you brew beer in it. (me)

Latest posts

Back