You know you're a n00b when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooraybeer!

Reaction score
... when you have no clue how to clean out your blow off tubes and empty class carboys after they've been used.

:confused:

I'm clueless. Help!

Carboys - 1 scoop ox Oxyclean Free 9 no scent or dye). Put blowoff tube in carboy. Let soak. When done soaking hook blowoff tube to autosiphon and siphon the water with oxyclean out of the carboy ( this cleans the inside of the tube ).

I clean tubes and hoses in a bucket then pour the oxy clean into the carboy and shake it up. Get out your carboy brush and work it over with that. Pour that back into a spare bucket to save and rinse the carboy at.

Dr Vorlauf said:
Carboys - 1 scoop ox Oxyclean Free 9 no scent or dye). Put blowoff tube in carboy. Let soak. When done soaking hook blowoff tube to autosiphon and siphon the water with oxyclean out of the carboy ( this cleans the inside of the tube ).
If I put the blowoff tube into the carboy, I will NEVER get it back out... but I good idea with the siphoning...

Looks like I just need a couple special brushes. Thanks guys!

Back