You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any Pics?

Not right now, but this is what I copied... Here

Got a harbor freight press on sale for $150. Got the air over hydronic on sale there too for I think it was $70. Then had a friend weld it up. Pretty simple design and not expensive. But it's HEAVY.

It's pretty BA, but I don't think I'll have time this season for it.:mad:

image-689518403.jpg

When you see this picture in a magazine (money) and you literally drool on the page :)

When you ride your bike to school and think about what other people would say about your riding on the people I should be able to kill list

simple solution: don't ride like a ******, no go in the book

it's that easy

hijacking a thread to be a ******: I go in the book

Not right now, but this is what I copied... Here

Got a harbor freight press on sale for $150. Got the air over hydronic on sale there too for I think it was $70. Then had a friend weld it up. Pretty simple design and not expensive. But it's HEAVY.

It's pretty BA, but I don't think I'll have time this season for it.:mad:

Cool set up. The need for a grinder to make cider is what has stopped me from trying it the real way. I just by the juice from the store or orchards.

When you ride your bike to school and think about what other people would say about your riding on the people I should be able to kill list

When you dwell too much about what is posted on a Internet message board.

... when you choose the restaurant by the selection of craft beers and not the food served. ;-)

At least in my area, the places that put the effort into doing the beer list right usually care about the food as well. The reverse isn't always the case.

But yeah, I've had more than a few occasions of asking my wife, "hey, _____ is tapping a keg of Zombie Dust tonight, wanna go? Oh yeah, I guess we can eat too."

At least in my area, the places that put the effort into doing the beer list right usually care about the food as well. The reverse isn't always the case.

But yeah, I've had more than a few occasions of asking my wife, "hey, _____ is tapping a keg of Zombie Dust tonight, wanna go? Oh yeah, I guess we can eat too."

here, restaurant (notice the non-pluralization) has both kinds of beer on tap: Bud & Bud Heavy.:smack:

...When you're retired,unusally broke from utility bills going through the roof,out of gas & find a way to brew anyway. Scrounged money for some 11 or 12 gallons of local spring water to brew the like number of pounds of grains,6lbs of DME,& nearly a pound of hops into 10 gallons of IPA's. Everything works if ya let it strikes again! :cross::ban:

When you clean your basement up and find:

(168) amber flip top grolsch style bottles
(160+) 22 oz bomber bottles
(2) 10 gallon gatorade cooler mash tuns
(3) False bottoms
(8) 5 gallon glass carboys
(4) 6.5 gallon glass corboys
(2) 6 gallon glass carboys
(8) 1/6 kegs
.....!

Where do you live and do you want to get rid of anything? :)

...When you're retired,unusally broke from utility bills going through the roof,out of gas & find a way to brew anyway. Scrounged money for some 11 or 12 gallons of local spring water to brew the like number of pounds of grains,6lbs of DME,& nearly a pound of hops into 10 gallons of IPA's. Everything works if ya let it strikes again! :cross::ban:

You've gotta find time to do what you love. Hang in there man! :mug:

(3) False bottoms
(8) 1/6 kegs
(10) 1/2 kegs
(12) ball lock corny kegs
(2) 5 gallon aluminum CO2 tanks w/ regulators
(2) 20 gallon CO2 tanks
(2) 1/4 kegs
(3) temp controlled fermentation chambers
(1) conditioning/carbing/lager fridge
(1) sanyo converted dual tap kegerator
(1) 20 ton air over hydrolic shop press converted into to a cider press

and countless Sankey couplers, Corny in and out couplers, kegerator taps and handles and faucets and...

I am an addict... err I mean Homebrewer. Anyone live near Portland who wants to buy some stuff off me? lol seriously

That's seriously only 80 of the bottles... damn craigs list. Why do I have to find such awesome deals!

How much for the quarter kegs?! Are they the short stumpy ones? Or tall ones?

When you find a 4 year old bottle in your empty bottle stash and say F it. I'm gonna see what it tastes like. Then get the surprise of your life because its incredible.

(3) False bottoms
(8) 1/6 kegs
(10) 1/2 kegs
(12) ball lock corny kegs
(2) 5 gallon aluminum CO2 tanks w/ regulators
(2) 20 gallon CO2 tanks
(2) 1/4 kegs
(3) temp controlled fermentation chambers
(1) conditioning/carbing/lager fridge
(1) sanyo converted dual tap kegerator
(1) 20 ton air over hydrolic shop press converted into to a cider press

and countless Sankey couplers, Corny in and out couplers, kegerator taps and handles and faucets and...

I am an addict... err I mean Homebrewer. Anyone live near Portland who wants to buy some stuff off me? lol seriously

That's seriously only 80 of the bottles... damn craigs list. Why do I have to find such awesome deals!
Five golden rings...

You worry about your beer and homebrew books before essentials in a natural disaster. We didn't get hit by the floods, but I had my books packed and my beers up high just in case. :)

This has probably already been mentioned, but here goes anyway...

When you bump your copper manifold with your mash paddle and desperately hope that you didn't knock it loose. Then when you vorlauf you see a grain plug go about one inch into the line and no liquid comes out. You spend the next half hour scooping the mash into a bucket, pull out a very hot copper manifold, take it apart and clean it, reattach it, dump the mash back into the tun, and continue with your brew day. Somehow, you don't get mad over the whole ordeal.

When you tell your wife she is mashing out when she adds extra hot water at the end of her bath. Then you give terms to the rest of her shower routine.

While looking at houses for sale you make man cave/fermentation lab/beer cellar a non-negotable item.

Also you look for best access from brew area outside to run a silicone hose to your Brewhemoth in the aforementioned fermentation lab. All while making note of outdoor water faucets for chilling.

When you get a Craigslist app for your iPhone so you can be instantly alerted if anyone posts an ad with words like "fermenter", "wort", or "keg".

When you turn down a rental apartment because there isn't enough room to brew or for you gear/keezer.

Back