You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an interesting idea. I think I will have to try this. :mug:

Ugh... Now I feel it's my responsibility to provide full disclosure. Which is that beer-washed cheeses are almost universally considered to be the absolute stinkiest of cheeses. To the point where you actually need adequate equipment just to store it in lest you want every single item in your fridge to adopt a similar funkiness.

Hence the wishing of good luck. ;)

When you and your wife just started trying to have your first baby you refer to it as "pitching your yeast" and having to wait for "signs of fermentation".

Just remember "Fermentation can take 24 to 72 hrs to show visible signs." Or in this case, possibly a bit longer.

When you and your wife just started trying to have your first baby you refer to it as "pitching your yeast" and having to wait for "signs of fermentation".

Just remember "Fermentation can take 24 to 72 hrs to show visible signs." Or in this case, possibly a bit longer.

and your airlock is NOT a reliable indicator of fermentation

take hydrometer samples

secondary FV is not necessary

MustBeZ said:

Don't wait for signs of fermentation. Keep re-pitching everyday. Just make sure you use the same strain. Let it warm and swirl the yeast back into suspension.

MustBeZ said:

LMAO!! Don't forget the "start her"!!

let's get this back on track......when you install an 240v inductive cooktop and a utility sink in your shop so you don't have to schedule your brew around kitchen activities.

You know you're a homebrewer when you bring home empty beer bottles from a camping trip.....

Ugh... Now I feel it's my responsibility to provide full disclosure. Which is that beer-washed cheeses are almost universally considered to be the absolute stinkiest of cheeses. To the point where you actually need adequate equipment just to store it in lest you want every single item in your fridge to adopt a similar funkiness.

Hence the wishing of good luck. ;)
Hmm. Cider washed cheese, or wine maybe instead.:mug:

Ok, didn't happen to me, but told to me this past week. Too good not to share.

When you get cut by a shattering glass carboy, then spend hours dicussing brewing with the ER nurse AND the Operating Room doctor... who both just happen to be Homebrewers!

Hmm. Cider washed cheese, or wine maybe instead.:mug:

Kerrygold has an Irish stout and an Irish whisky cheddar cheese. They don't smell particularly strong, but we are talking about a commercial product. I'm wondering if maybe they do something to neutralize the yeast. You could probably find them in your local grocery store.

Kerrygold has an Irish stout and an Irish whisky cheddar cheese. They don't smell particularly strong, but we are talking about a commercial product. I'm wondering if maybe they do something to neutralize the yeast. You could probably find them in your local grocery store.

we just picked up the Kerrygold stout cheese. that, my friend, is one dang tasty cheese

when your wife or gf catches you bump and grinding with your carboy.. stark naked...R kelly playing in the backround, candles..thats when you will know...this hobby can turn you into a depraved swine

when your wife or gf catches you bump and grinding with your carboy.. stark naked...R kelly playing in the backround, candles..thats when you will know...this hobby can turn you into a depraved swine

That's just sick.......

R. Kelly????? I was with ya up till there.

You can identify where a show is filmed by the beers on tap in the bar scene

Whitney - Chicago area (several two brothers and half acre beers on tap in the background)

After traveling all week for work, you can't wait to tap that fresh keg that's now fully carbed when you get home. So pumped.

When you can look at a simple picture and know what I have planned for tomorrow!

DSC_0015.jpg

When your 7-year-old son comes home from school and shows you and your wife a nice little picture of the sun and some flowers, and when you say "Nice picture of a flower bed son," he responds, "No dad. It's a hops garden."

When someone "accidentally" places a non-beer related item in your kegerator and you blow your top!

"I don't care if the house fridge is full"........"For Beer Only"

You know you're a homebrewer when your friends call you to see what style beers you have available for a get together instead of running to the store

Or........ You are the only one in your neighborhood who knows what this is and what it does and either has one or wants one!

0322131312a.jpg

When you hear in the news "Keystone Pipeline" and you immediately salivate and want a homebrew.

Pavlov all over again.

When the clerk at the LHBS is busy pulling your order so you help another customer find what he needs.

Back