You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leadgolem said:
You use your stir plate to make koolaid. :)

I'm tellin ya, that's way more stir plate than you need. I'd be happy to take it off your hands. :D Mine sucks, barely pulls a vortex on 1L and won't if there is krausen.

I got to be a tester for the "Black Maxx" stir plate that pulls a vortex on a 5gal carboy!

Already had a homemade one that did just fine with my 5L Erlenmeyer flask, but wasn't going to pass up a much better one for free.

Still need to experiment fermenting mead on it. I'm pretty sure the constant stirring + staggered nutrient additions will result in a mead that is ready to drink quite quickly.

I got to be a tester for the "Black Maxx" stir plate that pulls a vortex on a 5gal carboy!

Already had a homemade one that did just fine with my 5L Erlenmeyer flask, but wasn't going to pass up a much better one for free.

Still need to experiment fermenting mead on it. I'm pretty sure the constant stirring + staggered nutrient additions will result in a mead that is ready to drink quite quickly.

I'd be happy to take one of those off your hands. :D

When you realize that you have $100 worth of beer books on your Amazon wishlist.

... and then you cut it in half by placing an order.

Replaced my hot water heater. Before I hauled the old one off, my wife walked in as I was cutting off the copper pipe connected to the relief valve.

Wife-"what are you doing?"

Me-"saving this pipe."

Wife-"what for?"

Me-"...."

Wife-"never mind, dumb question."

I'm tellin ya, that's way more stir plate than you need. I'd be happy to take it off your hands. :D Mine sucks, barely pulls a vortex on 1L and won't if there is krausen.
When another homebrewer keeps trying to talk you out of your stir plate. :D

When you're in the backyard and you find a totally random pumpkin growing (no clue HOW but there is a pile of seeds WTF!?) and all you can think of is PUMPKIN BEER!

Well that and How the hell did this get here?

When you're making the family coco wheats for breakfast and wonder "maybe I should add some 2 row to this?" Wouldn't have to add sugar then? :).

When you brew two identical batches of IPA,where the only difference is the hop additions...one turns out 1.061,as basically expected. & the 2nd one a couple days later comes out 1.074?! & you know you stirred the snot outta both,what with all that foam. Efficiency musta been through the roof!:ban::ban:

When your roommate needs some gas-x and mentions that the main ingredient is simethicone and you think, "Hmmm....that sounds familiar". Then it clicks in your head and you run to your brew box and pull out the bottle of infant gas relief you bought when you couldn't find your fermcap-s on your last brewday.

When you brew two identical batches of IPA,where the only difference is the hop additions...one turns out 1.061,as basically expected. & the 2nd one a couple days later comes out 1.074?! & you know you stirred the snot outta both,what with all that foam. Efficiency musta been through the roof!:ban::ban:

I read this while brewing today. Then it clicked, I forgot to get the hops ready. You saved my butt unionrdr!:ban:

pb

Munchman said:
When your wife has a yeast infection and you think "hmm I wonder what kind of profile that'd give?"

When you assume this guy's wife must not have been using Starsan.
Don't fear the foam!!
:D

When you assume this guy's wife must not have been using Starsan.
Don't fear the foam!!
:D

Ok, now THAT'S funny right there.

When your wife says "are our children going to get sick for the sake of your beer? " as you open windows to lower the temp in the house for your fermentor.

Replaced my hot water heater. Before I hauled the old one off, my wife walked in as I was cutting off the copper pipe connected to the relief valve.

Wife-"what are you doing?"

Me-"saving this pipe."

Wife-"what for?"

Me-"...."

Wife-"never mind, dumb question."

Just tell her you are recycling scrap metal. Then sell the rest that you do not use to a scrapyard and spend it on brewing stuff. How can she frown over saving the environment?

Ya know,billy-klubb,between the two of us,we might be able to put together a full set of teeth. ;):D You know your a home brewer when brewin' stuff is more important than goin to the dentist!...

Latest posts

Back