You cannot make this up...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKershner

Reaction score
This morning, I come down to my kegerator and it is making noise. There is a bag sitting on top of it. The oktoberfest tap is open and there is 4gallons of beer on the floor. After closing the tap and unhooking the keg, I realize that a bag fell off the shelf above the kegerator and hit the tap to open it. No idea how long it was sitting open, but it didn't seem like long and I still had CO2, but no more oktoberfest. :mad:

I am constantly scolding my wife to not leave her handbag on the keezer. My boys like to rifle through her stuff and I can just picture one of these days one of them will snatch her bag off the top and open up a tap or few.

For those with Perlick taps, you know how low of a probability this is. The tap handle sits at about a 30 degree angle which means that the bag would have to hit it at such a specific angle to open it. I just cannot see how it's possible.

"We therefore commit this homebrew to the floor, looking for the Next Brewing, and the maltiness of Marzen to come, through our brewmaster DKershner; at whose next brew day coming in glorious majesty to boil the wort, the carpet shall give up her beer; and the infected batches dumped in the sink shall be restored..."

Actually, there was only one gallon spilled on the floor. The rest was consumed by gnomes, or your neighbor, and made to look like an accident.

Back