Yet another use for Starsan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnd4

Reaction score
I keep a spray bottle of Starsan and distilled water for spur of the moment sterilization while brewing. The following is a use for it that I never thought of before but it works:

I sweat a lot and it stains my T-shirts. I wash them in Oxyclean and let them dry in full sunlight to hold the staining down but before too long they end up being rags and I buy new ones. A few weeks ago I was hanging them up in the sun and got the idea to spritz the worst areas with Starsan. To my amazement it actually worked and worked very well. Lately I have been using more of the stuff on my underwear than I do in brewing activities. Doesn't seem to hurt the cloth at all. Go figure...

Nice find johnd4!!

Over the weekend I backed the car into a tree. Body-shop gave me an estimate of $2600. I sprayed it with Starsan and it's like new. Even fixed the oil leak. Hmmm... wonder if they have tried it in the gulf?

I keep a spray bottle of Starsan and distilled water for spur of the moment sterilization while brewing. The following is a use for it that I never thought of before but it works:

I sweat a lot and it stains my T-shirts. I wash them in Oxyclean and let them dry in full sunlight to hold the staining down but before too long they end up being rags and I buy new ones. A few weeks ago I was hanging them up in the sun and got the idea to spritz the worst areas with Starsan. To my amazement it actually worked and worked very well. Lately I have been using more of the stuff on my underwear than I do in brewing activities. Doesn't seem to hurt the cloth at all. Go figure...

I'm guessing these are white t-shirts? If it works on colors I'm going to have to start buying StarSan in bulk.

Sounds better than Windex!

Windex is OK for cleaning windows; or were you talking about cleaning underwear?

Starsan is SO good at windows, you can spray it on the wall and it will make a window where there was none!! Starsan so good at Windows if you spray it on your PC, it will become a Mac.

Windex is OK for cleaning windows; or were you talking about cleaning underwear?

Starsan is SO good at windows, you can spray it on the wall and it will make a window where there was none!! Starsan so good at Windows if you spray it on your PC, it will become a Mac.

Sure, but does it share Windex's miraculous ability to heal?

Back