Yesterday sucked

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
First off, i switched out two kegs in my kegerator (haus & hefe) this week and i must have a bad gasket since my co2 tank is now empty.

i hate it when this happens.

its been raining all week here in austin and i have a little bridge over a wet weather creek that i cross heading down to the barn. its painted wood and slick when wet. i was heading down to feed the horses and slipped and fell backwards on my ass and dislocated my right elbow.

it hurt like a motherfooker.

ps ihate typing one handed lefty.

Dislocated elbow.....that is a bad way to end a day. Now you're just going to have to spend today on the couch, watching football, and drinking anything that isn't relying on your empy CO2 tank.

It is days like that where I am thankful for delivery food.

I hope you have some back up gas.....sounds like you are in dier need of a few pints.

Dislocated elbow.....that is a bad way to end a day. Now you're just going to have to spend today on the couch, watching football, and drinking anything that isn't relying on your empy CO2 tank.

Yeah, its tough. I can't open a bottle of beer without pain so SWMBO is helping. Good thing i have a stash of Raging ***** on hand. :mug:

Check this out. The ER gave me a CD on the way out.

elbowu.jpg

It is days like that where I am thankful for delivery food.

Big four on that! Lord what a lousy day though. And with an empty tank, no beer (or flat beer). THAT is true sadness!

Oh man. That certainly is dislocated. How'd you fall to do that? Backwards on your ass, and you stuck your hand behind you to catch yourself or something? Regardless, I imagine it hurt like a mofo.

What's the prognosis?

Sorry to hear about the injury, Ed.
Dislocations suck ... unless repaired with surgery they then always have the tendency to dislocate again. Makes the joint less solid.
Had a "near" dislocation of my ankle 10 months ago carrying a dresser downstairs and couldn't see where I was placing my foot (Doh!). Yard sale. I was awfully lucky it was not actually dislocated ... just a severe Level-3 sprain with a minor bone fracture. I'm just finally getting it back to mostly normal ... have been doing some treadmill and gym work to get the muscles tightened up again.

That's a helluva x-ray.
Hope you get use of the arm sooner than later. Not being able to do stuff is like the chinese water torture.

Next batch ... Wet Weather Creek Slippery Bridge Ale ?

Just showed that X-ray to SWMBO and she just screamed nonstop till I put it away. Good times...

Oh man. That certainly is dislocated. How'd you fall to do that? Backwards on your ass, and you stuck your hand behind you to catch yourself or something? Regardless, I imagine it hurt like a mofo.

What's the prognosis?

you musta been there. :D

So far so good. Arm is in a sling and I'm taking naproxin. No pain, just frustration. i will see an orthopedist this week.

Wow. Man, I hope you heal quickly. Don't you have a bottle opener on a wall? I feel for you. I dislocated my wrist as a teenager. I was trying to look tough and punched a wall. Now, 30 years later, I still have pain.

Oh, no! Ed, I hope you heal quickly and have only a little pain. That just sucks. As happy as I am to hear of rain, I felt so bad to see your post! Hopefully you're getting some good painkillers to take the edge off. Until you get your co2 tank filled, that is!

EdWort said:
you musta been there. :D

So far so good. Arm is in a sling and I'm taking naproxin. No pain, just frustration. i will see an orthopedist this week.

I haven't, actually, but I've played enough contact sports and done enough advanced first aid training to have an idea of things like this. I separated my shoulder in a rugby game last year, and a good friend of mine broke his hip in a rugby game. He's only 21, all the nurses in the hospital were shocked! And from rugby I've known tons of guys with dislocated shoulders. All the best for a speedy recovery!

Oh, no! Ed, I hope you heal quickly and have only a little pain. That just sucks. As happy as I am to hear of rain, I felt so bad to see your post! Hopefully you're getting some good painkillers to take the edge off. Until you get your co2 tank filled, that is!

Thanks. I'm on my 2nd Spaten Optimator this evening...:cross:

You know I was just thinking that today. I'm going to have to get a neighbor to help though. :mug:

I was thinking the same. I have a hairy arm Brown ale that's named because I stuck my whole arm in the bucket fermenter to get a gromet that fell in.

I love naming beers after incidents.

Ed, sorry to hear about your elbow hope it heals quickly!

Just showed that X-ray to SWMBO and she just screamed nonstop till I put it away. Good times...

Mine would have found it fascinating -I, on the other hand, CRINGED. Here's the kicker: I'M the medical professional, SHE is disabled and does not work -and never has worked in the medical profession!

Now you have to make a Wounded Elbow IPA

Like I was sayin
"Wet Weather Creek Brewery's Slippery Bridge Ale" methinks it has a nice ring to it.

Considering the event, DMartin's right, I spose it should be a Bitter ... Pale Ale/IPA ... ESB?

Back