yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasBrewMan

Reaction score
Should the yeast packets that I am not using be in the refrigerator? I have many yeast packets for next batches and just wanted to know and cant get a straight answer. So thought I would ask here

That should work just fine. If they are dry packs, you can hydrate them prior to pitching. If they are liquid you should make a starter to make sure it's still good.

adding to the list: a yeast fridge - im tired of opening up the family fridge and seeing yeast packets in butter and syrup drippings

adding to the list: a yeast fridge - im tired of opening up the family fridge and seeing yeast packets in butter and syrup drippings

I have a small one I use for beer and washed yeast, leftover hops, etc. Works great!

Once or twice a month. Washing is cheaper than buying, and there are many strains you can accumulate. I just keep them in my dorm fridge in small mason jars.

Back