yeast question..newbie here!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qwikhuh94

Reaction score
hi all...just starting to brew my second batch here. the kit i'm going to brew is northern brewers world wide lager. question is about the yeast, it says it is optional to use a yeast starter and since i'm new to this, i really don't want to try it yet. should i add another packet of yeast into the fermentor? the kit came with one package of saflager s-23.

thanks guys, i really enjoy reading these forums!!!

hi all...just starting to brew my second batch here. the kit i'm going to brew is northern brewers world wide lager. question is about the yeast, it says it is optional to use a yeast starter and since i'm new to this, i really don't want to try it yet. should i add another packet of yeast into the fermentor? the kit came with one package of saflager s-23.

thanks guys, i really enjoy reading these forums!!!

I'd say yes. Or check mr malty. But lagers in general need more yeast than an Ale.

http://www.mrmalty.com/calc/calc.html

SA-23 is designed to be added to a 5 gallon batch. sa-23 very fruity make sure to follow the recommended ferment temps exactly to counteract the fruityness.

Latest posts

Back