Wyeast Roselare... incredible!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunpowder

Reaction score
I'm brewing the tart of darkness, and I pitched a week ago. It showed activity in about 6 hours, and its STILL going! Huge blowoff, actually left the Carboy, travelled 4 feet, and into the bucket I'm using as an airlock. One week and there is still visible activity and bubbles every half a second. Incredible yeast!

Several yeasts and a couple of bacteria in there! Be sure to mark everything you use on that beer as "sour" so you don't infect any of your future batches.

Plenty of sugar-destroying power in a pouch with 6 different cultures in it :)

I'm surprised it started that fast. Did you use a starter? That pack has a lot less sacc yeast than normal packs.

I'm surprised it started that fast. Did you use a starter? That pack has a lot less sacc yeast than normal packs.

Nope! I just took it out of the fridge about 4 hours before pitching (right before I started brewing), broke the inner nutrient pouch, and shook the hell out of it. 4 hours later, it was nice and swollen.

it's roeselare. town in flanders
My bad...

Latest posts

Back