Wyeast 3763 Roselare Question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waynep005

Reaction score
I just brewe a kit for a sour Stout from Moore beer. It recomeded the WYeast Roselare 3763 belgian sour blend yeast. The instructions call for aging this beer for 6 months. Should this be done in secondary or in the primary to allow the yeast to "sour" the beer more? I have never made a sour beer before but thought this sounded like a good beer and a fun experiment.

Im fermenting my first sour right now so im not an expert but from what i was able to gather looks like that you can use sour blend for primary fermentation or ferment with "regular" yeast and add sour mix after 1st fermentation is done (this is what i did), if you do 1st option you should get more sour beer and possibly faster. With my beer i will let it ferment for at least 1 year

Some people leave sours in the primary on the cake for the entire ferment.

I like to take it off the cake to get it off the trub. I rack before the sacc fermentation is done to ensure there is still a lot of sacc yeast in the beer. The Brett in the mix feeds off the dead sacc yeast.

i leave my sours on the yeast for the whole yr then bottle with champagne yeast.

I just brewe a kit for a sour Stout from Moore beer. It recomeded the WYeast Roselare 3763 belgian sour blend yeast. The instructions call for aging this beer for 6 months. Should this be done in secondary or in the primary to allow the yeast to "sour" the beer more? I have never made a sour beer before but thought this sounded like a good beer and a fun experiment.

instructions recommend a 6 month aging?? that yeast recommends an 18 month aging

I'm about 4 months in on a flanders red.... I've almost forgotten that its back there doing its thing in the secondary

Back