Wyeast 3724 Questions!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoreyG

Reaction score
Hey gang,
I'm trying to play around with Saisons so I did a batch with Wyeast 3724 (Dont worry this is not going to be a "my fermentation stuck post!!"
I did a hot fermentation as many have tried, starting at 80 degF and ramping it up to 90degF over 5 days. It did stick at 1.035 for about 2 weeks but with a bit of patience has dropped to 1.010.

Here's my question. I feel like since I fermented it so hot I should leave it a couple weeks in the primary to let the yeast clean it up a bit before bottling or kegging it.
Anyone got an opinion on whether I should do that or just keg it right away to keep all the funky flavours produced by the hot fermentation?
Also, if I keep it in the fermenter for another week or two, should I ramp it back down to a 70degF or keep it hot (90degF) until I keg it?

Thanks!

How do your gravity samples taste? If you enjoy the flavor now, keg/bottle now. If you detect off flavors, give it some time to clean up.

The gravity sample at 1.035 tasted great. When it dropped to 1.010 it honestly was a little "bland" but I didn't taste anything too off as a flavor. I guess I'll keg it up in the next couple of days. Thanks for the info gang!

Latest posts

Back