• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT Your 3 Gal Carboy for my 5 gal Carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PintoBean

Hailstorm Brewing Co
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to try out some small batches, and split 6 gallon ones, I have a bunch of 5 gal carboys that I'll trade for 3 gal ones. Looking for 2 of them. I am in the South burbs of Chicago, but work downtown (loop) so could possibly arrange a trade there as well.

I ferment my 3gal batches in my 5gal carboys all the time. I'd keep the 5's. But I guess if I had many of them, I'd trade a few too!

I'm wanting to use the 3 gallon ones for secondary for splitting a recipe where maybe I want to add something to one (dry hops, fruit, etc) and not the other. With the 5 gal ones, there's too much head space when I split a 6 gal batch. Looks like I've found one trade already, so looking for one more.

Do you have a whole foods nearby?

Here in Dallas they have them for $9.99, glass with mountain spring water inside.

As I breezed by the aisle I looked to get the price, but not sure if there is a deposit or anything.

tealio said:
Do you have a whole foods nearby?

Here in Dallas they have them for $9.99, glass with mountain spring water inside.

As I breezed by the aisle I looked to get the price, but not sure if there is a deposit or anything.

Yeah, a few. I'll have to check that out, thanks for the heads up!

Latest posts

Back