WTF is with this weather?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is now the time to mention that I'm just far south enough that there's no white stuff left ;-)

I wonder if it is snowing at Al Gore's house? This damn global warming has me snowed in for 8 straight days. haha

a better name for global warming would've been "increasingly erratic weather patterns" as that is the real result of it.

HEY! YOU CANADIANS! ALASKANS TOO! KEEP YOUR FRIGGIN ARCTIC AIR TO YOURSELVES OK! This is Western Washington! I don't live in Caribou Schlong, Manatoba! I like my precipitation in the liquid form, alright!?!

Well I sure don't want it either ;) Up until today I was enjoying climate change.

I like mine in liquid form also, usually in a glass.

I think global warming only occurs in the northern hemisphere during the summer! :cross:

I had a MBA data & decision making class where we collected temp data for over 100 years from one weather station. Something like 130 years since the limiting factor was accurate records and instruments. We did the statistical analysis and could not determine a meaningful trend. The only way one could see a trends is to selectively eliminate one half of self canceling outliers or to chunk-out time segments (like removing 20-40 years out of the data).

I concluded that it might be possible but no data collected proves climate change.

Me thinks its frozen horse-hockey pucks.... I believe one volcanic eruption does more to influence this than having years of millions of gas guzzling SUV's polluting the environment.

Ironically, its time to throw another log on the fire.

Of course you do. You live in Wisconsin. You don't have much choice. Living in Wisconsin and not liking winter would be like living on an island and not liking seafood. It just doesn't work.

Wanna bet?? I'm in the minority around here. One of the favorite pastimes around here is the whining about the winters. 'Course when you tell them to shut up or move to Florida they just whine louder.........

Well, yesterday made it a full week since I'd been able to get in to work. The college was actually open on a late start yesterday, but the roads were too bad for me to even make it to I-5. Today I got up early and saw no closure or late start notice so I went out and started digging out the car.

Work starts at 7:30 so as it was approaching 7 and there was no notice, I figured I'd give it a shot. I barely made it out of town, but the freeway wasn't too bad.

The closer I got to work, the more it was snowing. I got off the freeway and the roads were fercraped. I managed to make it up the hill to the college and slid into the parking lot.

I got into the office about 20 minutes late to find out they closed campus 5 minutes before.

So, I had to battle it back to the freeway. It was worse going home because much fewer cars had been going that way compared to ones going towards the city. :p I hate snow.

Back