Wrong Size Bung.... HELP!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms8miranda

Reaction score
I can't believe this....yesterday I had to pour into the secondary vessel. When I put the bung on it, I could push it through. I tried the next largest size the guy sent me and it was too big. I called this guy and it turns out he doesn't have all the different sizes...I wish he'd told me this in the beginning! I gave him the diameters of every bottle I had so he had to know what he sent wasn't going to work!!!

Anyway, I poured from the secondary back into the primary vessel. By the time I get something through the mail, it will probably be next week. Is there anything I can put around the bung to make it fit tight?

one time i had the same problem, what i did was turn the bung up-side-down and fit it OVER the new vessel then put a rubber band around the bottom justt o be sure it was cool.

IMG00016.jpg

Great idea, movement. Very clever, indeed. What kind of name is "movement"? What were you drinking when that popped out? (_o_)

why thank you. hope it helped
well way back when...
I was djing at a local night spot and my initials are MB... reverse them and its BM... Bowl Movement, so my drunk ass friend started to call me dj movement.... not because i sound like **** or anything, just he was tired of calling me dj mike biondi.

OK heres what i did when i had the same problem...

Took a scrap piece of wood like 1/2'' thick and 3' long.

Drillled a hole in the middle big enough for my airlock base to go through.

Put the airlock through the hole and into the bung, with the bung on the other side of the wood.

Put the bung into the carboy as far as you can.

Place two chairs or something about the same height as the carboy on either side.

Place either side of the board onto each chair.

Weigh down each side with large books or something heavy.

Make sense?

OK heres what i did when i had the same problem...

Took a scrap piece of wood like 1/2'' thick and 3' long.

Drillled a hole in the middle big enough for my airlock base to go through.

Put the airlock through the hole and into the bung, with the bung on the other side of the wood.

Put the bung into the carboy as far as you can.

Place two chairs or something about the same height as the carboy on either side.

Place either side of the board onto each chair.

Weigh down each side with large books or something heavy.

Make sense?

like a see-saw?

one time i had the same problem, what i did was turn the bung up-side-down and fit it OVER the new vessel then put a rubber band around the bottom justt o be sure it was cool.

GOOD IDEA! It's right up there with pissing in the radiator <LOL>

Back