Wrench for pin locks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weizenheimer

Reaction score
Is there a tool that allows you to easily tighten the posts on a pin lock keg? I have one for my ball lock kegs but it doesn't fit because of the pegs on the pin lock posts. I have just been using vice grips but I'd hate to strip of the pegs.

both B3 and midwest have them, I think they are about $6

*edit: here is a link. I was way off on the price though, they are 15-20 bucks

I bought one, and it's just a deep well socket with slots cut/ground into it. If you have a dremel tool or something similar, save your money, buy a deepwell socket at sears and cut the slots in it yourself.

I would definitely buy or make yourself a socket for those posts. I was using vice grips for a while and its just too stressful worrying about snapping off those pins and not to mention a pain in the a$$. I bought mine from Austin Homebrew I think it was twenty dollars, some of the best money I've ever spent. Ball-lockers don't understand.

:off:Where did you get those pin lock kegs? Please don't say Kegkits.

Go find the cheapest sockets that fit your posts... I think they are 13/16" IIRC... And do this with a Dremel...
DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

Best $7 I have spent....

Back