Would this be ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmcapone

Reaction score
I'm gonna move into all grain brewing and am currently working on making my own mash tun. I want to put some wire inside of the wash hose to keep it from getting squashed by the grains. The only wire I have though is aluminum wire. I know pots and such are made of aluminum but when I'm working with this wire some residue comes off and turns my hands grey. I'm wondering if it would be safe to use if I just clean the wire. Any ideas?

You might be better off with a small piece of hose or plastic pipe that is appropriate for hight temps. Drill a lot of holes in it and stick it in there.

I wouldn't risk it.

Do you still have the nylon hose you removed from the inside of the braid? I took mine out, drilled holes in it to resemble a machine gun barrel, boiled it to help free up all the little bits from drilling, then put it back in. Been using it for five years, and never had a collapsed braid or any issues whatsoever.

Back