Worthog EBC-130 issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikn68

Reaction score
I just used my worthog ebc-130 the first time this weekend. I noticed that once I hit my mash temp, the pump is still running. I thought it is supposed to stop and turn on when needed to heat the mash. My worthog is programmable with ezboil and spot for 2 pumps. Anyone that using the ebc-130 would be helpful. Not sure if there is a setting to specify the pump to do that, but could not find in the instructions.

Thanks

Erik

Pump switching with a controller is considered to be an outdated method because when the recirculation stops, the probe sits in a static pocket of "whatever" temperature. You don't know if it's an average, higher or lower than the rest of the mash. Constant recirculation is what I recommend.

You didn't mention what your system configuration is, but I'm assuming it's a HERMS.

I run the EBC-130, 240v, 50a, eBIAB with a blichman boil coil.

The pump is controlled by the switch only, as far as I know.

When I first put my setup together I ran the pump for the entire mash. I’ve since stopped using a pump altogether. It’s more to clean and doesn’t add any value, IMO. Now, I simply take the lid off and stir every 10-15 minutes.

Back