Wort and Whisky

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik7494

Reaction score
I am sure I am not the first one to get this idea, because it's damn tasty, but a search on this forum gave me no results so I hope I am not the only one who is doing this:

What is better after a brewing day than a cup of hot wort with whisky?

(great use for the wort you used for the hydrometer reading. Warm it up a little in the microwave, add a generous shot of whisky and drink it)

I tried it with several kinds of whisky, but in general I think bourbon is better for this purpose than Scotch. so far the best one I had was a amber beer wort with Gentleman Jack.

Any other good combinations?

i'm pretty sure scottish brewers used to mix the day's wort with some scotch after brewing back in the day. i've never tried it but it does sound nice.

Never thought about it, but I wish I had. I'll have to try it. Also, Jack Daniels is not bourbon :). I love me some bourbon.

Never thought about it, but I wish I had. I'll have to try it. Also, Jack Daniels is not bourbon :). I love me some bourbon.
Technically not bourbon but often included as a bourbon flavor profiles are indistinguishable

🤔 Never tried it but, frankly, sounds sorta funky to me. I'll likely continue to take my bourbon neat.

Back