Worst Place to Work...ever!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrotherFreeman

Reaction score
Well almost.... I manage a plumbing distributor and seriously, every time i walk the aisles my brain is churnning with ideas on what i can use certain things for in expanding my setup. My latest is high-temp thermoplastic tubing. We private label some 3/8 ID tubing that i can by rediculously cheap but wanted to seek some advice from the experts around here. I cannot find a max temp on it but it has a Vicac softening point of 212deg, will that be suitable for boiling wort transfer? I read up a bit on the Vicac testing and it sounds like the max working temp of the tubing will be significantly higher. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Boil a few pieces of it in a small pot of water for 15 minutes or so, then cool and taste. This way you know if you'll get off-flavors from the tubing. Other than that, as long as it doesn't leech any harmful chemicals in to your beer you should be good!

COol. I DO know that it is FDA approved tubing so it shouldnt give off any chemicals but you never know i guess.

Back