World Expo of beer Frankenmuth MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's in my brew club, an amazing homebrewer, his beer's are perfect. I got 2 honorable mentions, out of 900+ entries I'm Happy, my imperial IPA scored a 42 with honorable mention, 39 on czech pilsner with HM, some high scores out there.

I had the same thing last year so I know how you feel. I scored two 42s and got the Honorable Mention.

Also waiting patiently for that e-mail. 900 entries so I suppose it may take some time. That's a lot of scanning and e-mailing.

I have yet to receive an email with my score sheets, I was lucky enough to have a friend of mine that was there and pick mine up.

I got my email back at 11:15 last night. That was my first comp. ever with a 30,32, and 31. So I'm not happy. :mad:

I have work to do, it's onward and upward.

He's in my brew club, an amazing homebrewer, his beer's are perfect. I got 2 honorable mentions, out of 900+ entries I'm Happy, my imperial IPA scored a 42 with honorable mention, 39 on czech pilsner with HM, some high scores out there.

Very nice score on the IIPA, was that the average of both judges?

I got my email back at 11:15 last night. That was my first comp. ever with a 30,32, and 31. So I'm not happy.

I have work to do, it's onward and upward

I have to tell you if this is your first comp these scores are actually pretty nice, grats to you.

I got my email back at 11:15 last night. That was my first comp. ever with a 30,32, and 31. So I'm not happy.

I have work to do, it's onward and upward

I have to tell you if this is your first comp these scores are actually pretty nice, grats to you.

Hey phodog,

Any chance we could get the information on how many entries were in each category? I assumed it would be on the scores sheets but I'm not seeing it.

Thanks! :mug:

Thanks. Actually, those were beers out of my first 5 batches ever done so really all of the thanks goes to all of members here that have unknowingly helped me.
It was nice to read some of the positive comments from the judges. But some of the writing I just can't decipher. I guess after drinking through a few flights, I wouldn't write much better. :D

But like I said, I have work to do.

I don't have that info, but, let me know the category, and when I can get to the onfo folks, I'll ax dem.

Got my score sheets via e-mail this evening. It was my first entry and I'm going to be happy with a double digit score :)

Can't seem to get a hold of the numbers folks tonight. Probably busy, when I can get the numbers I'll post.

I don't have the entire break-out, but, there were 57 beers in cat. 14. If you got a 42 you kicked my 37 ass. Have a good day,Phodog.

Registrar said when he gets a little caught up he will add the numbers per category on the web page. crhbc.com

Very nice score on the IIPA, was that the average of both judges?

each judge scored it a 42, one BJCP recognized judge Mike Mullins. They liked it a lot and noted no flaws and only stated maybe more body and sweetness but it is a fine beer now. however it was a "black IPA" so it was in specialty category 23, and I just noticed that the box was checked that the beer advanced to a mini-BOS round, nice! I'm definitely going to brew this one again.

All of the entry numbers are in for the comp. They are posted next to the medalists names, enjoy!

Back