World Beer Festival in Raleigh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aggiejay06

Reaction score
Anyone else going? I'm super stoked about it. It'll be my first beer festival to go to :tank:.

Thanks guys i'm a new brewer. But just went online and got a 40$ 12-4pm ticket. Hope to see some of you guys there. First festival hope its alot of fun. Any tips on what i should bring with me cash etc...

I've attended quite a few beer fests over the years, here are my tips:

Have a decent lunch before you go. Nothing too heavy, but nothing too light. I like to eat more proteins (beef, chicken, etc) because you won't get sloshed within the first 10 samples. An empty stomach is a sure way to get a hangover.

Bring a water bottle that you can refill from water fountains - also handy to rinse your glass. They may make you bring it in empty, keep that in mind.

At first, spend your time on the beers that you've never had. There's no sense in wasting your tastebuds/thirst on the usual stuff.

You may want to munch on pretzels off a pretzel necklace if you want, in an effort to cleanse your palate.

Wear comfortable shoes (you won't sit much in the 4 hours) and layer clothes if you think you'll get too warm or too cold.

I'm sure others will chime in.

M_C
Thanks guys i'm a new brewer. But just went online and got a 40$ 12-4pm ticket. Hope to see some of you guys there. First festival hope its alot of fun. Any tips on what i should bring with me cash etc...

I'll be there too. 12-4 session. Bring money for food. If you start feeling too tipsy drink some water, go buy some food and sit down and watch the band for a while. Then get back to the beer!

I enjoyed it with the exception of the last hour. That was when some folks started staggering around and losing their manners. One guy next to me grabbed the server's hand and put his serving cup in it.

Nothing too over the top, though, and the most everyone comported themselves well. My wife (and dd) discovered she likes cider and enjoyed the festival more than she thought she would. Beer selection was fine, there about 40 that I tried and about 5 beers I had not tried before but really enjoyed. I wasn't surprised that one of them was produced by Great Lakes -- lots of respect for that brewery.

Back