Woo Hoo Brewfest is coming!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from the website...

Brewer’s Breakout
We’ll have a different speaker every hour on the hour beginning at 2PM- 10PM

2:00 Jeremiah Wallis- Boulevard- Quality Control in Craft Beers

3:00 Dennis Wehrmann- Franconia- Beer History & German Brewing Traditions

4:00 Rachelle Bose- Samuel Adams- Beer and Food Pairings/ Flavor Profiles

5:00 TBA

6:00 Kelly Harris- Home Brew HQ- BJCP Certification/ Beer Judging

7:00 Fritz Rahr- Rahr & Sons

8:00 TBA

9:00 TBA

10:00 TBA

Unfortunately I won't be able to go. Already have a big brew day scheduled that day with some friends and family.

Have you found any good beer bars around your area. It's pretty slim around the Frisco area.

Of course its on the one weekend I'll actually be doing something (other than BBQing and brewing beer) for the next few months. I wish I could go, it sounds like a good time. Damn. :mad:

Unfortunately I won't be able to go. Already have a big brew day scheduled that day with some friends and family.

Have you found any good beer bars around your area. It's pretty slim around the Frisco area.

There are some really good pubs in the Frisco area. The Holy Grail is on Preston just south of 121 on the east side. Nice multi-tap. The Gingerman is in the Shops at Legacy at Legacy and DNT. There's also a Ringo's Pub and Gordon Biersch in there. If you just want some hot chikcs and a beer or two, there's always Twin Peaks :D

Oklahoma having it's first "Craft Beer Week/Festival" next month also. Re-scheduled a surgery so I could attend!

I'll be there. Looking forward to it. Seems like these beer festivals are popping up all over the place in TX. I'm hoping this is the beginning of TX beer renaissance.

I won't be able to make the brew festival, though I will almost certainly be at Brew Riot near downtown Dallas on May 22.

image-2935573220.jpg

jww9618 said:

Holy grail... preston and 121

+1 on Holy Grail. It is awesome. I don't know what it's doing in Frisco ;)

The food there is outstanding as well.

Love the Holy Grail! Go there as often as I can.

@ Freelunch...what can you tell me about the Brew Riot? I've never heard of it, but a friend told me about it earlier this week. It doesn't seem to be in a very good part of town. Certainly not a part of town I would expect to embrace craft beer! Colt 45, yes. Craft beer, no! :D

Homebrew competition hosted by Eno's Pizza Tavern. South Oak Cliff is ghetto, but Bishop Arts and north Oak Cliff are great areas, and the area has large number of homebrewers.

I will try to post back later with the website URL, and any more details I can get my hands on.

Back