Won an awesome bet against SWMBO!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

histo320

Reaction score
So SWMBO decided that she wanted to make a bet on our NCAA Brackets and I agreed. The bet is as follows:

She wins, I have to do laundry, dishes, and clean the bathroom for one month.

I win, she has to clean all of my beer bottles for one month, roughly 75 sitting under my sink at this time.

As of last night, all 4 of my teams remain, and only 1 of hers, i think it is safe to say

I WIN :ban:

I'll tell ya - if you REALLY want to win - Make her clean the bottles BUT do the laundry, dishes, and clean the bathroom for a month and you will be rewarded for a long long time.

Seriously - this is an outstanding opportunity.

I'll tell ya - if you REALLY want to win - Make her clean the bottles BUT do the laundry, dishes, and clean the bathroom for a month and you will be rewarded for a long long time.

Probably one of the truest things I've ever heard.

I know I didn't win, but I don't have to clean my bottles!:mug:

Even if she washes the bottles, are you going to be sure they are clean? Wash her sweaters with your boxers and you'll wish to hell you never made this bet.

Ya you definitely can't win. It's not even a matter of "won't win".

I help swmbo with the laundry, and I get crap for folding my own shirts wrong. Heaven forbid I put something in the washing machine with my work clothes... When I don't help, its even worse. Just accept it. You can't win. She won't even tell you that you can't win. She'll expect you to figure it out through osmosis.

this is the worst advice ever.

If you do this... you will regret it for ever and ever until you leave her.... she will want you to do it again, and again... and soon... some of it is "your job".

good luck.

Gotta go with the flow, you NEVER win in those situations. I will add I had a story on the same line. We are baseball fans. I am a Cardinals fan as I am from the St Louis area and the wife is an Astros fan. In 2004 we had a similar type bet during the playoffs when the Cardinals were beat by the Astros. On our bet I told the wife if I lost I would sit and watch a whole Lifetime Movie with her and not one *****, moan, or make fun of the flick. So it came time to pay up. We sat down to watch the movie and Good Fellas was on that night! After it was over she said it didn't count since that is a guy's flick. I explained I had to suffer through it since it was so edited AND it was on Lifetime Channel. She just rolled her eye's. I didn't win that case. :D

Back