WLP670 Brett Saison Fermentation Times

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayoungrad

Reaction score
I'm fermenting my second brett saison using WLP670.

I bottled my first after 3 months with 92% apparent attenuation. It is very good but I wish it had more funk to it. I bottled it because the samples initially had a vinous character that started to fade. This batch had a pellicle for all of a week or two.

My second batch is now at stable gravity for several weeks at about 92% apparent attenuation. It has been about 2.5 months since brew day. It is sitting under a huge pellicle that has been present for about 1.5 months. It has a nice vinous character that I would love to keep.

But I'm waiting...

I'm trying to convince myself that the flavor will not only stay, but improve.

Any opinions?

The only way to judge if a sour/funky beer is ready to bottle is a stable gravity. Check again in a month, if it's the same you are safe. Also, just because you bottle doesn't lock-in the flavor, it could (and almost certainly will) change as the Brett continues to work. Best of luck, hope it keeps blowing your mind with continued awesomeness!

Back