Wlp 833

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edsrockin

Reaction score
(White Labs European Bock yeast)

this is my first run with a lager yeast. i used this with the AHS Mailbock kit and it is fermenting fine right now. the instructions weren't really lager-based so i have some questions for anyone familiar with this strain.

first off, an odd one ... i noticed that the wort has turned lighter (it's almsot a butterscotch color now and was more molasses colored prior to pitching). is this typical of this yeast or lager yeast in general? i would assume it is yeast in suspension maybe? also, the diacetyl rest .... two ... three days? when do you know that it's time to rack to secondary and cold-crash? lastly, 3 weeks should be sufficient for this right?

the numbers in the kit was an OG of 1.059 and FG of 1.016. i made a 1 L starter (as per mr.malty) for it and am fermenting at about 47*. it has been bubbling for a few days now.

thanks all

Back