Withdrawl Sucks.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arneba28

Reaction score
So I started not feeling very good last night. Figured it was just allergies real bad. Sneezing, runny nose, eyes watering etc etc. Then late last night my stomach started to hurt. So I went home and just took it easy last night. I DIDNT EVEN HAVE A BEER, I know, odd right. So today I went out and got some cold and allergy pills and have been well medicated. Popped some of those with 5 Ibuprofin and I still didnt feel that great or much better, just much dryer from the allergy pills. I went to the store and picked up an energy drink and slammed it and low and behold, my head doesnt hurt as much and I feel alot better.
So remember kids. A pot of coffee a day keeps the doctor away:ban:

Oh yeah, in an 8 hour shift I have about 1 pot of coffee and probably just under a gallon of diet pop. So my days off are rough.

Keeping the caffeine consumption even is a must. I normally keep some Pepsi Max about for the day off. Drink less but get more caffeine from it. I normally use excedrin for pain which has caffeine in it as well so tha probably helps.

thats why i dont drink coffee, it creeps me out when my roommate cant function without it. i can understand how someones body could get used to something like that.

Wow, that's a lot of caffeine! :)

I noticed I was drinking way too much during the workday so I gradually cut myself back. It used to be that on the weekends if I didn't have coffee within an hour or two of when I normally had it Monday->Friday, I'd get a headache ... or sometimes I'd wake up with a headache. Don't get me wrong, I love coffee, but I don't like having to drink it just to avoid the awful caffeine headache, ya know?

Now I'll just have a few cups in the morning and a soda with lunch.

I get headaches every day I am off. I hate them. I drove to the store like 930 tonight to get 2 energy drinks, It helped but now my headache is back

Man, your pee must be bright yellow! :D

Would you be opposed to weaning yourself back to a lower 'dosage'? You just have to do it slowly, cut it back by one drink cup of coffee or soda for X amount of time (say a week), then cut back by another, and so on ...

Yes I pee neon yellow, Like a 80's fanny pack color. Kinda freeky, not gonna lie.

Everytime I try to, my plot gets foiled by something. Like the twice weekly 14 hour shifts that get sprung on me. But I have weened myself down before. When I was originally on the atkins diet a few years back I couldnt have any caffeine, I though I was dieing .

And no I cant spell so you can all go to hell :)

Caffeine addiction is a common problem in the Navy. The main thing to remember is once you hit a certain level of caffeine in your system, more does absolutely nothing positive. As one guy put it, "When my eyeballs start rattling, it's time to back off."

Back