Wiring help digital A/C glycol chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarolinaBob

Reaction score
79ACAACE-3FAA-4DAA-ACB5-5118CB104561.jpeg
I’m in need of a little help getting my chiller wired. The donor A/C was a digital unit and I’m at a loss. The first picture is the wires going to the fan, the second picture is the wires going to the compressor. The third is the top of the capacitor, the bottom connectors say FAN, the right connectors say HERM and the left connector says C. The fourth picture is the wiring diagram from the A/C. Thanks in advance for any help!
E02CA3D0-CBAB-4CB6-AE7F-D940ACB2359C.jpeg

88137CF1-4DA3-4C20-87F9-10AED5B64008.jpeg

EAEE622D-ABB7-49B4-AA29-29B93192CC78.jpeg

View attachment 650964

After messing around for too long I opted to leave my control panel mostly intact. The model I have auto restarts when given power. The only problem was when the unit was plugged in there was a delay from a relay inside the control. I suspect it was there to protect the compressor during power outages. My choice was to use the compressor delay on the inkbird so I bypassed that relay. That gave me immediate compressor turn on but no fan. After finding the fan wire inside the panel and providing that power as well it works just like it should.

I have a Frigidaire 5000 btu model. 70-34 degrees in about 1/2 hour with a 60qt cooler.

Back