wireless headphones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp1316

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some wireless headphones? I want to use them with my new droid phone while streaming pandora. Also, can anyone recommend something I can put my droid in while exercising(something similar to what you would use with an ipod), besides obviously my pocket?

I researched a bit awhile and ultimatly decided against them. But every site I found pointed me towards the Motorla wrap-arounds. They look comfortable and look cool, plus they'd match the Droid pretty well.

Just my .02

Yeah, I've been looking around and was thinking about not getting them, so I decided I'd check on here to see if someone had a pair that they really liked

I have the Motorola S9-HD set, they're great! Hold a decent charge, great sound quality+ bass. As long as you dont mind ear buds going in your ears, I'd go with them.

I've found they dont always work great outside, but that depends on their proximity to your phone (if you can put the phone in your back pocket they work better, IMO)

My roommate bought some wireless headphones from radio shack in college. He bought them so he could still listen to the game while taking a **** across the hall in the dorm.

A few years later he upgraded to putting a heavy old 32 in. tv directly in front of his toilet. I remember during football there would always be 2 games going on. One in the living room and one in the crapping room.:)

Baja Brewer - Those are the ones I have been looking at. Thanks for the review, I will probably end up getting them now.

beerjunky828 - I'm not sure how to respond to that.

Baja Brewer - Those are the ones I have been looking at. Thanks for the review, I will probably end up getting them now.

No problem. FWIW, I'm using mine with an HTC G1, no problem pairing with Android at all.

I have never used the mic on them because I havent had to take a call while using them, but the forward/back play/pause, vol up/down buttons work seamlessly with the Android OS. I paired them with my PC for watching shows but didnt think to try and use any of those functions. While paired with Bluetooth on both devices I wandered about 20 feet away and then reception got choppy.

Also of note is they use the standard micro USB plug for charging as many Motorola products do. This alone is a huge selling point for me since whenever I pack a bag I usually am packing 3-4+ electronics that charge off this type, and thus only need one charger!

beerjunky828 - I'm not sure how to respond to that.

If you could only see this guy and understand how f$%kin funny it was when he said "Hey these would be good to listen to the game from acroos the hall"

"I say while taking a shower"

"No while taking a s$%t"

"Hahaha. You can't be ser---"

"Thank You sir. Please visit RadioShack again. Have a good day"

Just in case anyone cares I ended up getting the motorola s9 wireless headphones and I gotta say it was definitely worth it. It has made wearing headphones no longer a hassle - whether its biking to work, exercising, doing house hold chores or brewing. I mainly use them to listen to pandora. They came just in time for my first brewing session with my brand new brew-magic :)

The best wireless headphones (IMO, of course) is the Amphony Model 2500. 5.8GHz. I've used these for years and they are pristine. It is not an AM or FM modulated signal, but a digital wireless signal with DACs in the headphones. You can pipe Toslink straight into the base. Cans are super-comfortable velour. Comparable to IR but without the line-of-sight restrictions.

These are large, and definitely not what you want for exercising. In fact, now that I consider your question, probably not at all what you are looking for. But after all this typing I'll be damned if I'll not post it. So there. Hope it helped.

Just in case anyone cares I ended up getting the motorola s9 wireless headphones and I gotta say it was definitely worth it. It has made wearing headphones no longer a hassle - whether its biking to work, exercising, doing house hold chores or brewing. I mainly use them to listen to pandora. They came just in time for my first brewing session with my brand new brew-magic :)

Glad you like them, mine get intermittent use but they never fail me.

And a new brew-magic sounds fancy... I want :cross:

Latest posts

Back